Thread: memory test fails on Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P

memory test fails on Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P

Hi i am having a system with the GA-MA790X-UD4P mother board and I regularly do the memory test. The thing here is that i want my system to work faster and smoother and that is the reason why i do the memory test in regular basis and for this i use the mem test software. recently i have purchased a new RAM and i am using both the old and new one together. But the thing here is that i am not able to do the memory test since i have started using the new one.The actual problem here is that the is that Mem Test fails with both sticks in dual channel at 1066. But when I use only one stick than it works smoothly. I don't know whats wrong with it and why i am not able to perform the memory test please help me in this case to fix this problem.

Re: memory test fails on Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P

You have to check out with the system configuration of yours and then see to it whether the system is reading the second RAM stick that is installed or not. The thing here is that if the system fails to read the RAM then the it will not consider it and it is not possible for you to do the memory test for that particular RAM. So try and check the whether the RAM is properly installed or not and if it is not then make sure that you insert it properly in the slot.I hope that setting it in the proper way will help you to solve the problem.

The software the you are using is giving you the actual problem. It seems to me that the MEM test software that you are using is not reading the RAM that you have currently installed and the thing is that if it will nor read the RAM than it is not possible for it to just preform the memory test. I hope that changing the settings of the software will solve this issue and also will let you so the memory test again.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is something wrong with the MEM TEST that you are using. And that is the reason why it is not performing the memory test. What you have to do in this case is that just change the memory test software that you are using.And try out any new one that will not give such problems in future. I hope that changing the software will help you to perform the memory test on regular basis.

Thank you for considering my problem and also for finding the solutions for it. But the thing is that i am still not able to solve the problem I checked out with the RAM and it is properly installed and also it has no problem as it is the new one. I guess the problem lies in the software that i am using. So i have decided to replace it with any other memory test software. Please help me to select the best in the business and also let me know which one will suit my system and help me to perform the memory test. And i am sure that changing the software will definably help my cause.

In this case i will suggest you to go with the Windows Memory Diagnostic. This the official lunched software by Microsoft. It is one of the best memory test software and it will also fulfill all requirements of yours. The Windows Memory Diagnostic is the software that test the RAM of your system and also let you know its performance. It test the RAM for errors on the system.This software includes lots of tests that is it has the best set of tests that test the memory.If you are facing any problem relating with the motherboard or any operating system related problem than you can use the Windows Memory Diagnostic and i am sure that it will help you to solve your problem.

If there is the problem related to the memory then you have to go with the M2K MemScope. The M2K MemScope is the freely availabel software that helps you to perform the memory test. The M2K MemScope is launched by the micro-Scope. It is an fantastic tool that is available for the memory testing of the system. It has the widest variety of tests available with it and helps to perform that on your system.There is also a advance option called the "RUN all " it helps you check all the settings of your system.I hope that it will help you to solve your problem.