Thread: Issues with ASUS LLc on 8-series

Issues with ASUS LLc on 8-series

I am having a bunch of ASUS 8-series boards which have issue with LLC where it is making a huge VDrop. When LLC is enabled the proper voltage is provided to CPU However when there is need for more voltage by CPU it is limited by the amount of voltage it is given.LLc is allowing the CPU to make use of more voltage building a stable environment. But when LLC is turned off a VDrop is applied to the CPUv. The drop in voltage is anywhere between .05v to 0.1v. Please provide any suggestions. your effort would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Issues with ASUS LLc on 8-series

There are couples of things that work around this situation. First you can simply put down the LLC on and build out a voltage so as that will work with the over clocking. You should look for the minimum bear voltage at this time. As LLC will catch concern of the rest and will provide more voltage when required. I would not advise to carry on the voltage at default 1.35, for the reason that LLC doesn't totally put together for the whole thing. It’s simply planned to facilitate a little. For example a 3.0 GHz CPU require about 1.21v to work 24/7. But the disadvantage to keep LLC on is that you will not be capable to completely manage the temperature of your CPU any longer. These can origin instability with the higher OCs. If you be looking for a high over clocking however you are previously approaching that temperature to its breaking end, you can turn off LLC.

Thanks for your suggestion, I assumed this was a bug and not a characteristic. It presently wasn't "on" with no matter which I've read. My CPU-NB as well seems to some extent off on voltage. Are these tied together? I will test it and post result.Just curious if anyone is having any idea about it.

I have tried the suggestion mentioned above but bad information for me so I cannot obtain a stable over clocking through LLC is disabled at all while doing main under 1.5 v in bios at 4.0 GHz it will collapse immediately for me with the Voltage at 1.5 it will run prime but 1 core will fault out remarkable enough I notice so as to drop from1.476 at idle down to a small of 1.404 at time beneath load so it was a huge fall and to attain a bootup I have to enable LLC on the CPU-NB. I would like to take notice of more people trying this to observe if its dissimilar based off of BIOS version and presently possibly board to board .

I have read the gigabyte manual and below it is listed what it said about LLC:Load-Line Calibration-Enabling this characteristic adjust Vdroop, by keeping the CPU voltage extra constant beneath light and heavy CPU load. Disabled set the CPU voltage subsequent Intel terms. Default- Disabled. I was suggested a while back to enable it, and I am at 4.2 GHz and stable by means of it enabled. As I was browsing about this I read on one of the forum a lot of people have mentioned to disable it as it could cause spikes in voltage and hurt his overclocking, however to me it sounds be fond of the opposite is true. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Later than disabling Load-Line Calibration I have to increase the V Core and I increase the QPI/VTT to remain them within .5 of each one as well as even with extremely superior voltage settings it is running 4C cooler throughout the 100% Load Testing, and it is stable.
    Here are my basic overclocking settings now:
    Load Line Calibration: Disabled
    V Core:1.3v
    QPI/VTT: 1.3
    DRAM Voltage: 1.6
    IOH Core: 1.200
    CPU PLL: 1.840
    CPU Freq: x30
    BLCK Freq: 200
    Turbo: Enabled
    Multi-threading: Disabled
    C1E=:enabled
    c3/c6/c7: Disabled
    System Memory Multiplier:6.0
    Memory Frequency: 1500
    Uncore Frequency: x16

I read about these on different forums and present there is fairly a bit of conversation going on, several favor enabling LLC, several favor disabling it
    So I google about these and below is my conclusion about this:
    1.Keeping LLC Enabled
    By means of LLC enabled and the V Core set to 1.3v and at load there will be spikes and you will go beyond the setting of 1.3v through these spikes. On the other hand the lines on the tests will be generally nice and flat so you will not see the spikes sending you over your set voltage. As a result if you are at a extremely high overeclocking with high Voltage settings you can go beyond the secure voltages at load, and consequently the CPU might not end as long with LLC enabled.
    2.LLC Disabled
    With LLC disabled and the V Core set to 1.3v you will in no way exceed 1.3v by full load. With LLC disabled the V Droop lower the Voltage presently to make sure that the spike does not go beyond 1.3v.