Thread: Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 vs Gigabyte GA-890XA-UD3

Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 vs Gigabyte GA-890XA-UD3

I am ordering my first customized computer and mainly I will use this for gaming. watching videos and listening to music. i have decided all other parts but I am confused for motherboard, have two choices (gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 or Gigabyte GA-890XA-UD3) and can not decide which one to buy. Other specifications I am getting are:
    Case: Haf 932
    Video Card: eVGA GTX 470
    CPU: AMD athalon X3 2.6 GHz
    Memory:8GB
    Motherboard: still deciding
    Both of these motherboard supports video card, cpu and the amount of memory. If you have any experience about these motherboards please let me know.

Re: Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 vs Gigabyte GA-890XA-UD3

These two boards are approximately have the same features except that 890xa-ud3 have the 790 AMD chipset, whereas the 890fxa-ud5 has the latest 890 AMD chipset. But I will go with the UD5 out of these two motherboard because of the new technology it has. The Northbridge since describe at this time is fundamentally the way by which your CPU communicate to your GPU and Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 has a latest version.
    But if you have two NICs then it would be helpful. Using teaming you will be able to use both of these NICs together. Again for X-fire my opinion is that your home ISP connection is always going to be the bottle neck.

If I was at your place I will buy GA-890FXA-UD5 because GA-890FXA-UD5 has the following features.
    •It is Compatible with Windows 7 to bring the most excellent function skill
    •It also Supports AMD AM3 Phenom II/ Athlon II processors
    •It Supports latest generation of AMD Phenom II X6 processors
    •Dual Channel DDR3 for outstanding system performance
    •4 PCI-E by means of ATI CrossFireX support for critical graphics performance
    •3X USB power release for better compatibility
    •AMD SB850 provide 6 native SATA3 storage interfaces Smart DualLAN
    •Supports Dolby Home Theater audio
    •Design with Energy Saver technology

The FXA provides better bandwidth in dual card solutions other than the CPU there is no difference.The boards as well employ dissimilar versions of the Realtek sound. Many people don't think aboutr this although it still makes a variation.Consequently if you are going to play game with a single card then the cheaper board is the means to go. But if you are planning for an AMD powered game monster then I will suggest you to go with the FXA.The slots can be used for x1-x16 except just at the speed precise for the slot presently as an eight bit ISA card would work in a 16 bit slot.x16 slot at x4 will provide the power for an x16 card but not the bandwidth.

Gigabyte GA-890XA-UD3 has the following specifications:
    Processor: It supports AM3 processor, AMD Phenom II processor as well as AMD Athlon II processor
    Chipset: AMD 790X ,AMD SB850 ,iTE IT8720 ,GIGABYTE SATAII 3Gb/s controller ,T.I. TSB43AB23 1394a chip ,CD In connection, High Definition Audio , Realtek ALC892 codec ,SPDIF In/Out connection ,Support for Dolby Home Theater
    Hyper Transport Bus: 5200 MT/s
    Memory: Dual channel memory architecture, 128MB DDR3 SidePort memory, 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory, DDR3 1866(OC)/1333/1066 MHz
    LAN: Realtek 8111D chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
    H/W Monitoring: CPU overheating warning, System fan speed control, Power fan failure warning
    Unique Features: Support for Easy Energy Saver

I am having Gigabyte GA-P55-UD6 motherboard. I am using it from last five month and do not have any problem with it. It plays almost all of my games which I play. It is having following features.
    • Support Intel Core i7/ Core i5 processors with LGA 1156 socket
    • New Dynamic Energy Saver 2 technology enables best energy efficiency
    • Support both ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI for ultimate graphics performance
    • Smart TPM provides 2048 bits key via Bluetooth cellphone
    • Smart DualLAN with Intelligent LAN port auto-switching
    • XHD technology accelerating hard drive performance with ease
    • AutoGreen technology Greening your PC via Bluetooth cellphone
    • Integrated eSATA/USB combo connectors for enhanced storage flexibility
    • Patented GIGABYTE DualBIOS technology delivering highest level failure protection
    • Supports Dolby Home Theater audio to create a stunning surround sound listening experience
    • Onboard debug LED simplifies motherboard troubleshooting
    • The Precision OV provides more precision voltage control for system
    • Compatible with Windows 7 to deliver the best operation experience