Thread: Full USB 3.0 on P55 board

Full USB 3.0 on P55 board

I have a comprehension question for the benefit of USB 3.0 on current P55 motherboards. I have some forums, Google searches and motherboard manuals, but I still have some doubts. I imagine the next few days together a new PC (i5 760, GTX 470) and would make a motherboard with whom I can use full USB 3.0. When P55-UD3 and UD4 is that when using USB3 or SATA6Gbs 8Lanes of PCIe 2.0 x16 will be lopped off, the P55-UD3 is not (it has not much of a SATA6Gbs only USB3). Can the P55-UD3 even have the full power although it has not even USB3 a second PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (but only one PCIe x16 (electrical x4)? How does it work if I want to use a USB3 device, when playing the video card but will not steal the lanes? Do I have always though I know that I will use a device in the BIOS USB3 make changes or is changed automatically in the Windows OS? When ASUS P7P55D example, it is so that you can press a switch on the motherboard and then must restart. By flipping a switch you can choose between SATA6Gbs and USB3, does not even both together. If I were to stop at this board then USB3, my graphics card would then the full 16 lanes? So there are 2 options for me actually in question. Either permanently USB3.0 16 lanes on the graphics card and permanent or eight lanes would subtract my account but that's only if I USB3 also just use this moment but without change in the BIOS and have to restart what. Are there differences between Gigabyte and Asus about the problem USB3 lane 8, is at the ASUS motherboards with USB3 in miser that is not the warning that if USB3 use of the PCIe 2.0 x16 slot is cut.

If anyone can provide some detailed explanation, that would be much appreciable.

Re: Full USB 3.0 on P55 board

The lanes on the boards are always on the second graphics card slot, since the board has only one, there's not the problem. It is therefore reasonable to run. It is only important if you have boards that want to use with 2Slots for graphics cards and Crossfire. The USB chips are of a non-producers, because the Intel chipsets that have not yet integrated in the chipset directly. So the extra chip is soldered onto the board, and connected to the chipset via PCI Express cable. The chipset itself has a certain number of lines that are divided into two PCI 16x slot normally to support Crossfire. Since the board but no two PCI Express 16x, the chipset has indeed not separate the lines because there is only one slot. So there will be no loss in speed. It would only come to a loss in speed, when would you use Crossfire with two graphics cards. Because there would steal the usb3 chip lines for the second graphics card, so you would then lose speed.

Loss would have only if you put in the second PCI Express slot, a second video card or a hardware Raid e.g. Controller cards. Otherwise there is no loss. SLI / Crossfire I will not use it. Asus has solved differently: It is a PLX PCIe bridge which built the four PCIe lanes of the PCH, each with its 2.5 GT / s to two lanes with 5 GT / s summarizes. So my question is : Can the P55-UD3 even have the full power although it has not even USB3 a second PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (but only one PCIe x16 (electrical x4)? How does it work if I want to use a USB3 device, when playing the video card but will not steal the lanes? Do I have always though I know that I will use a USB3 device in the BIOS to make changes or is changed automatically in the Windows OS? If I were to set the ASUS P7P55D USB3 then, my graphics card would then the full 16 lanes?

The full power you have with boards on it, the nForce200 the chip (and Lucid / of MSI that should probably also can) and thus offer 32 lanes. However, you may then only use a graphics card that runs but then the full 16 lanes of PCIe 2.0 Slots. The Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 and UD4 will use the first PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (and thus the graphics card) to 8 lanes cut from the super-speed USB 3.0. The 1st graphic card slot should be cut not at all, maybe with ASRock, but since I am just not a current case known.