Thread: Real improvements in CPU in the future

Real improvements in CPU in the future

Hello every one, I usually read a lot of technical news in internet or some magazine and always looking for some new techno logical advancement coming in the field of hardware that is CPU ,motherboard ,processor etc. Currently I have a E8400, 4GB DDR2 800 and a 460GTX1GB attached to a standard ATX P43-board. I have a lot to do with my office work of either programming or doing some editing. I would want to know what kind of CPUS we would be looking at in the near future to . I know there are super computers but they are very power drawers when compared to a normal CPU. Also there are core 2 duo and dual cores . But I would want to know from all out there who will be reading this that , What CPUs you're waiting for, and what would make them a real improvement?

Re: Real improvements in CPU in the future

I think the current generation of the CPUs are faster than ever before and that now in the future it will only be in terms of low cost and high speed. Cant ask for more than this as it has replaced the bigger CPUs that were there years ago and which would consume lot of energy and take more space and more importantly were to costly.
    I cant say about the future but this is the latest of the CPUs which we would be looking in some time to come.
    • Core 2 Quad Q9450 OC @ 3.4GHz on Thermalright TRUE 120 Black with 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM fans,
    • Asus P5Q-E, 6GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC2- 8500,
    • Sapphire Radeon HD 5870,
    • 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5,
    • Coolermaster HAF 932,
    • Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W

Certainly we have come a long way ever since the first computer was built. The single cores are almost hit the ceiling and dual core its just behind it, from this you cant predict anything . T o improve the performance of CPUs the only option is to bolt on extra cores as there is no way to improve to clock speed further. The manufactures are now looking forward to generate low power solutions keeping in mind the performance as well. Inorder to reduce the power you have to first reduce the number of transistors it contains but by doing this it reduces the performance and thus the efficiency of the CPU also comes in scrutiny. I think that Parallel processing is a very good option because we can simultaneous use more than one CpU or processor core to execute a program or multiple computational threads. Ideally, parallel processing makes programs run faster because there are more engines (CPUs or cores) running it. So just have to wait and watch

I am also wondering the same thing about the advancements in CPU, 10 years down the line. . The only thing that I think would really improve the overall experience would be an SSD and graphics. Also , for those who make a lot use of computer ever day, the core i-series are not enough of a leap over a decent core 2 duo or core quad especially if you're using 3ghz already. Certainly if who ever comes up with a CPU that has all the features which we are thinking of than, the only concern would be about power consumption and noise level. An overclocked CPU will certainly eat more power.

I think, the latest CPUs in terms of performance would be Intels 32nm CPUs called Core i5-6xx series which have been developed on a completely new instruction set called AES-NI. AES-NI is truly based on encryption and decryption which is completely a new feature integrated in this kind of CPUs , besides this, it also comes with a Sandy Bridge incorporated inside it. Most importantly it improves the performance of the CPU by a great extent and does not consumes too much of power.