Thread: what features to look before buying a motherboard

what features to look before buying a motherboard

Hello friends, I am looking forward to buy a new motherboard that has all the latest advancement features in it. But i am still confused of which motherboard to choose over which. Going by the different varieties of motherboards, its a close call to left on board over other. Clearly all of them are useful,but I can choose only one. So can any one prescribe me with the best features with respect to motherboard. I was using old MoBo in the pc which i have thrown out had a really nice feature to load from USB flash drive, but apart from that it would take alot of CPU time and wouldnt support many applications running together. SO please help me to get my confusion solve .

Re: what features to look before buying a motherboard

First of all look for the features that you want,besides this you should know what slots the board has, what CPU's it supports, what ports it has, and also the address bus,control bus and data bus lines. In short it should give high performance when the cpu is running multiple task simultaneously. Also,having six SATA ports for the six hard drive can be very useful.You can also have a ASUS boards which can boot up from the board itself in a very short time spam when you are loading up your pc for doing some small task.

Thanks for your quick advice, but I am actually not interested in overclocking of cpu. What I want is something that can add up to the cpu speed of handling multiple applications simultaneously. Also it would be even better if the motherboard does this for me without consuming extra electricity. Even i dont understand the idea of having an OS between BIOS and Windows, how and what way can this help me. Can anyone give some proper suggestion or can any one share their experience with me.

Having a OS between an BIOS and Windows can realy help you if suppose you want to quickly check your email or you want to check any updates in your facebook account or any other things,then you have to wait for the computer to first boot up completely until it gets started. So it really takes a long time and you have to wait with no option. Having an OS between BIOS an Windows will alow the cpu to boot quickly in just few seconds. Also I would advised you that whatever motherboard you buy, you should not forget to upgrade in a few years as an when new technologies keep on coming.

The most important features to look for is that the motherboards should have a low power chipset that are there on the heatsinks. Also the power phases should be restricted to limited as they may produce heat.The other important thing is the motherboard should have more PCIe slots than there are which can be useful in having dual slot graphics card.

2) I think the following factors should be consider while deciding the type of the motherboard that you want to buy. You can consider these features.
    purpose of the system
    price
    personal desire
    physical environment

So the choice can completely dependent on you