Thread: EFI/UEFI compatible AMD motherboards

EFI/UEFI compatible AMD motherboards

There are any AMD motherboards which maintain EFI/UEFI as an alternative of BIOS? I heard that Intel might have instructed board producers to trench BIOS for EFI/UEFI, but the mobs are not away just thus far. It appears that just Apple has UEFI motherboards built into every one of its products as of correct now. And no I don’t require a Mac! For my subsequently build, I would similar to an AMD board say 890FX/890GX chipset which supports UEFI rather than BIOS. Please advise me and help me for this query. Any help and tips are grand fully accepted.

Re: EFI/UEFI compatible AMD motherboards

At present currently every boards on the market should still be ambitious by standard BIOS, the modification should be somewhere around 2012/2013. Apple on the other hand has run a tradition EFI system for pretty some time; it is good in its own method or in its own way, but nothing to actually obtain keyed up about. What crafts you imagine UEFI will be fewer buggies than traditional BIOS? I have had almost 4 decades to form out how to inscribe or write BIOSs; there is something to be thought for ‘if it isn’t broke’. The clarification to that should only have been as easy as switching the boot sort back to the accurate order. As a sideways, it is a good quality or you can say good habit to always have your boot machine on the first SATA or IDE port, to keep away from problems similar to that following a BIOS rearrange or reset.

I am not completely certain EFI would resolve your boot problem. I know UEFI does have a dissimilar explanation to the boot loader, but that does not indicate it will get it accurate each time. I know all you inquired was if there were any boards out yet, but in fact EFI is not something which should be precedence. I absolutely would not compose my motherboard option based on it, at least not yet. Error possibly it is only that old Maxtor drive!

I just wish for give you some tips for UEFI. UEFI (i.e. Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) will be a specification detailing an interface which assists hand off control of the system for the pre-boot surroundings (i.e. after the system is powered on, but earlier than the OS starts) to an OS, such as Microsoft Windows or Linux. UEFI will offer a spotless interface between operating systems and platform firmware at boot time, and will support an architecture independent mechanism for initializing incorporate cards.

I just want to tell you something about relationship between EFI and UEFI. The UEFI specification will be based on the EFI 1.10 specification published by Intel with alterations and modifies handled by the Unified EFI. Intel still grasps the copyright on the EFI 1.10 specification. There will not be any upcoming or future versions of the EFI specification, but consumers who certify it or license it can still use it below the terms of their license from Intel.