Thread: Phenom II X4 955 not cooling properly and running hot

Phenom II X4 955 not cooling properly and running hot

I upgrade my computer last week. I am facing some problem with my my updated system. My AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor not cooling properly and whenever i start my computer it running hot. I Check all hardware connection and restart my computer but there is a same problem take place in my system.
    My system configuration are as follows:-
    • CPU: AMD PhenomII x4 955 BE @3.2 GHz
    • GPU: Sapphire HD4870 512 MBGDDR5 (Reference Design)
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P (790X chipset)
    • Ram: 2x2GB kinston KVRDDR3 1333MHz
    • PSU: HEC600W
    • HDDs: 1.5TB WD (500GB+1TB)
    • Case: Cooler Master Storm Sniper

Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Phenom II X4 955 not cooling properly and running hot

If there is a problem in your system configuration then that can be related to your system hardware issue. So first check your configuration is correct or not and also check it suitable with other hardware's or not. If you get any problem in your system configuration then you have to check it and configure your computer with proper configuration. If you need any help then take the help from computer Hardware engineer or computer expert.

I think there is a problem in your cooling fan and you need better case cooling fan for your AMD PhenomII x4 955 processor. First checck your cooling fan performance. You can also check it on another machine for your conformation. If same problem take place in that system then there is a problem in your CPU cooling fan. You have replace it with new cooling fan. cooling fan maintain the temperature of your CPU. So don't start your system before replacing your cooling fan.

There is a chances of either there is a problem in your system cooling or in a CPU. If your BIOS setup running on a bad temp sensor then also you have to face this type of problem. So check your BIOS Setting and if there is a problem in it then reset all setting and save it. You can also check the system temperature with the help of temperature reading software. So first check it. If you found any problem with it then take advice from computer expert.

I think the performance or working of your AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor is not well. So first check your AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor on another machine or computer which is suitable with it. If you get same problem with another machine then there is a problem in your AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor. You recently upgrade your system with it then you have a warranty for it and you can check it in a warranty period. Call your service provider and explain your problem.

I will recommend you first check the cpu fan. If this is not working fine then replace it. After that you have to clean the dust from your motherboard. Most of the time dust on the fan block air flow in the cpu cabinet. If still the processor is heating up then you might need to check the power supply. If it is under voltage then change it.