Thread: Will Barton Athlon XP processor work on Soltek SL-75KAV motherboard?

Will Barton Athlon XP processor work on Soltek SL-75KAV motherboard?

Hey guys I am suffering from such great situation and also have some problem while getting some vital information about the board. I have an AMD Sempron 2600 @1.83 GHz processor, Motherboard of Soltek SL-75KAV, RAM of 2 GB, HARD DISK of 160 GB. I have checked the current memory and it was333 MHz FSB. forget about this because I want any fast processor that has low price but has great functionality. My friend gave me processor AMD Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton core) with a 333MHz as I know. I don’t know that processor is compatible for my board or not. If you have any idea about a processor that fit to my motherboard please share with me.

Re: Will Barton Athlon XP processor work on Soltek SL-75KAV motherboard?

You can’t run this processor on your Soltek motherboard. The only reason behind this is that your computer FSB is supported by this motherboard. FSB is a kind of bus that always carries the data between the NORTH-BRIDGE and the CPU. FSB’s throughput is determined by the product of width of its data path. So don’t try to sun your processor under Soltek board, because your Soltek board has maximum FSB about of 266 / 200 MHz. So don’t try it will make you unhappy.

To attach anything on your motherboard just make sure that this hardware is compatible or not. If any hardware is not suitable to your motherboard then you may get some damaged on board. If you want to run this Barton Athlon processor then you have to buy new Motherboard because this processor is not suitable to your motherboard. This problem arises only because of only FSB problem. AMD SLI motherboard is the boards that support this kind of processor. So try this board and you will solve your problem and get a nice solution.

The board and the processor only match if its FSB means FRONT SIDE BUS has a same range. Your motherboard has 266 MHz FSB and your Barton processor has 333 MHz FSB, it means it is not compatible. It is the only medium from which this bus carries the data from CPU and Northbridge. This bus is interconnected with the cache memory which gives faster access to processor. So don’t worry just refer any new SLI motherboard which is much more compatible with this kind of processor.

This kind of motherboard will not support Barton Athlon processor because it has no capacity to take any power which is required for this processor. On other hand you have 2600 Sempron processor which is so oldest but in case if you run this Barton processor will give you some kind of error. This error might give you some problem like not working properly; motherboard get’s shot due to overpower means overclocked. So just buy any new motherboard which much more compatible to your Barton processor and has less price. After trying this you will able to work on machine properly.