Thread: GA-890FXA-UD5 Motherboard gives issue with 10 short beeps

GA-890FXA-UD5 Motherboard gives issue with 10 short beeps

Last year i have built a new system with very advanced components at that time and the system was running very well from then but last Sunday i got an unusual problem with the system. When i start the system it provided me 10 short beep sound from the speaker and then the system was not starting up, i tried to start the system again and again but failed to resolve the problem. So, i am not getting what is the problem in the system and how i can overcome these problem any advice on the problem will help to fix the issue.

Re: GA-890FXA-UD5 Motherboard gives issue with 10 short beeps

These problem is not very common as you get a single or double beep in common is for the start up of the system but 10 beeps in a short time seems to be a big problem so before the solution provide a proper deals if the system configuration that you are using in your system. This information will help me to understand the problem in a proper way and I will be able to provide you the solution.

I am using the Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Motherboard in the system with the Thuban 1090T. There is an 8 GB RAM support in the system with two each 4 GB stick on the slots. There is a 160 GB of the Samsung hard drive present in the system and I am using the Windows 7 operating system in the system. I tried again the same process to start the system but the result was the same I was getting a continuous 10 short beeps from the speaker so please provide me some solution to resolve the issue any advice will help to overcome the problem.

The problem that you have mentioned is related to the post and it is the CH000239 post error code. The computer power-on self-test (POST) examines the computer to make certain it meets the essential system necessities and that all hardware is operational properly previous to starting the residue of the boot process. If the system passes the POST the system will have a solitary beep (with a few computer BIOS manufacturers it may beep twice) as the system begins and the computer will carry on to start usually. However, if the computer not passes the POST, the system will either not beep at all or will produce a beep code, which informs the consumer the basis of the problem.

Thank you for the replay as you have mentioned that it is it the problem of the post with the code as CH000239. So exactly what is the meaning of this error code and how can I overcome the problem. I think this problem is related with the RAM or with the hard drive but not knowing the exact issue so please tell me something about the error code and the solution for that to resolve the problem any suggestion on the topic will be appreciate to resolve the problem.

The issue with the 10 short beeps in the system is known as the CMOS shutdown Read/Write error problem and the code for that is CH000239. This issue is related with the computer CMOS battery which may have some problem with that. The CMOS battery is like the same normal battery which gets discharged and these is the reason why you are not able to start the system in a proper way or the system does not work at all. The most common solution to the problem is that you just replace the CMOS battery in the system as it is very cheap in the price, this will resolve your problem effectively and you will be able to resolve the issue.

If your system is trailing its time or date settings, or you are receiving a message CMOS Read Error, CMOS checksum error, or CMOS Battery Failure or 10 short beeps from the speakers then first try to leave the system on for 24 hours. In some cases this can charge the battery and resolve your problem. This often decides CMOS battery connected issues when a system has been left off for more than a few months. If this does not solves your issue then you can open the CPU and on the Motherboard locate the CMOS battery which has a coin like shape and replace with the new one as the cost of the CMOS battery is very low.