Thread: SB light on motherboard but PC is not turning on.

SB light on motherboard but PC is not turning on.

Hi, I have recently configured a system and it is not starting up. I don’t know where the problem is. Actually the thing is that I did a system build Intel with the DP55KG Intel P55 Express Chipset LGA1156 ATX and the Intel core i3 processor. And now I am not able to start the system, but I power plug the system only the green light comes on the system and nothing else. The SB green light in the motherboard glows but nothing happens on the system and unable to start the PC. Please help me in solving the problem and also let me know what is wrong with it. If possible than do it as soon as possible, because it has frustrated me a lot.

Re: SB light on motherboard but PC is not turning on.

The first thing I want you do here is that just disconnect everything attached to the system and only keep the power supply on and also the central processing unit connected and the RAM, and the monitor. Then make sure that you have attached the 24-pin ATX and the 4-pin ATX12V power plugs which are square in shape are connected to the motherboard. You can also chec k out it by keeping the, motherboard on the cardboard so remove your motherboard from the case and put it on the card board. Then start the system and see whether it starts. If yes then just assemble all the things as it was and then connect all the other removed parts and again restart the system. I hope that this will help you to solve your problem. And if still the problem exists then you a have to contact the retailers office from where you have assembled the parts and tell him about the problem i hope that he will help you in this case.

It seems to me that you have not fixed the RAM properly. So it is giving you the problem. Now what you have to here is that just remove all the cords attached to the system including the power cord. Then what you have to do here is that just remove the case cover and check that the RAM is fixed properly or not. If you found that the RAM is connected fine than remove it and rub the lower part of the RAM with the Eraser. And then Again install it on your system. I hope that this one will solve your problem.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is something wrong with the mother board of yours. Do you get any continues noise when you start the system. Have you installed the operating system in your system or it was the first time itself that it failed. Please inform me all this stuff it will help me in knowing the actual problem and I will able to give you the proper solution that will help you to solve your problem and fix it permanently.

First of all thank you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time to find the solution. But the thing here is that I am still not able to solve the problem No I am not able to hear any continuous beep sound in my system. And it was working fine for the first two to three days,. I have also installed the windows 7 operating system in it and it was serving good to me. Also the fan is moving and also I am able to remove the CD case, but now I don’t know what went wrong with it is not showing anything on the screen. Please help me in solving the problem.

As mentioned by you that you are not able to hear any continuous beep sound, it means your RAM is fine. Also you have said that you installed the windows 7 operating system on your system. And I think it is the only one that is giving you the error. It may have happen that the operating system of yours is corrupted and it is not responding. So try and install the windows 7 setup again. What it will do is erase all the data or we can say the corrupted data and will give you the fresh one to deal with. I ma sut=re that installing windows 7 again will solve your problem. But make sure that you keep back up of your important data. Because hard resetting will erase all these stuff.
    Last edited by Aarya; 31-10-2010 at 03:48 AM.

According to there might be a problem with your screen or monitor whatever you say. As mentioned by you that your fan and other things are working than there are only two possibilities that causing you the problem. The first one is the operating system and the other one is monitor problem. It may have happen that the monitor that you are using is of no use now and it is not able to give you the display. So what you have to here is just try and check out the same with any other monitor, if the problem exists than it is not the monitor problem and if you are able to view the screen than it is the monitor problem and you have to replace it with any other one. I hope that this will help you for sure.