Thread: Reset Disks to NON-RAID in Intel Matrix Storage Manager

Reset Disks to NON-RAID in Intel Matrix Storage Manager

Recently I have installed a second Hard Drive on my system whereas my present Hard Drive is divided to Drive C system drive whereas D and E are DVD drives. New hard drive I have divided to Drive F, G and H. After that I did try RAID 1 with the Intel Matrix Storage Manager and its Intel Matrix Storage Console 8.8.0.1009 application, and formed my first RAID volume. Whole process taken about an hour or two to get complete but now want to go back to my older and existing Hard Drive but I am not having any idea how it can be performed I am worried that I might have to lose all my data on my older Hard Drive so if anybody have any solution for such problem of mine please provide me with the solution.

Re: Reset Disks to NON-RAID in Intel Matrix Storage Manager

I think resetting will be the best option in your case but the if you reset the drives of your system to non-raid, there are all possibility that you will lose all the data on the drives. You already have RAID 1 you you will lose one of your Hard Drive.If you are trying to restructure to a new disk is suggested to preserve data redundancy. In this case it is usually best to have a back up before performing any test as RAID1 is not backup. Anything can happen in realistic which may result in the loss of your data from the hard drive. So make sure you perform the work carefully and have the backups.

It is not the great idea to go for the second hard drive and perform RAID on your system. RAID is redundant array of independent disks which you perform and provide you with increased storage reliability through redundancy. so you need to have the backups of your data because if you are trying to go for the non RAID you might loss your data.

I suggest you to go for the backup of my C drive of your computer as well as for F: and G: drives. Once that's done, then you can surely try to work with RAID 1 configuration following proper steps so that work is done correctly. I think RAID 1 is TRULY redundant for all drives so this can be done for you. Let me know if your issue is resolved.