Thread: Error updating firmware on X-25 G2

Error updating firmware on X-25 G2

I have recently purchased a new computer with the X-25 G2 80 GB Intel SSD drive installed on that and the performance of the computer was very good for few days but then it slows down badly and I decide to upgrade the firmware to the higher version. Currently I am running GA-770TA-UD3 Motherboard and Windows 7 64 bit operating system so please provide a solution to resolve my problem any advice on the issue will help to overcome the problem. Currently I am using the and running the 2HA firmware in the computer that has the windows 7 OS and want to upgrade to the higher version of the Firmware.

Re: Error updating firmware on X-25 G2

The problem that you have mentioned mostly occurred when there is a problem in the processor or in the motherboard that you are using but before the solution first I wanted to know that to which Firmware you are trying to upgrade as there are only a limited firmware update available. As you can upgrade from the 2HA to the 2HD which is the current firmware and the most powerful in the category to which it belongs, so provide the detail information to get the solution.

The recent firmware that I am using is the 2HA and wanted to upgrade to the 2HD that you have mentioned above is the best. It is the 2 HD 110902HD88208850 firmware versions that are available in the market. In addition to that tell me the process by which I can update the firmware in the system. Is there any CD/DVD required or there is software for that any suggestion regarding the issue will help to fix the problem.

The firmware that you have mentioned can be updated easily from the booting firmware CD-ROM that you had got with the System and the Motherboard. You need to first insert the CD in the computer and then reboot the system, after that select the appropriate option and follow the instructions given there and your problem will be easily resolved. After the update of the firmware you need to restart the system so that all the changes that you have made can take place properly, if then too problem exists then contact the manufacturer of the product.

I have tried to upgrade the firmware with the help of the CD-Rom that I had got with the Motherboard but the process failed badly. When I inserted the CD and it provided me with the option as “Intel SSD Toolbox” and I selected it there then it provided me with the error message as "Error connecting to drive" and the process was terminated. I also made some changes in the BIOS and then tried the process again but the result was the same. So, what is the actual problem and how can I resolve these any suggestion on the given topic will resolve the issue.

I will recommend you to set the system in the BIOS from the RAID to the IDE and from the compact-able mode to the legacy mode which will allow you to upgrade the Firmware that you had in the system. Also make the Solid State Drive from the port “0” or to “1”. If after these chances you are not getting the firmware updated then you can try the upgrade process on some other system as a number of the chances in the BIOS does not allow the process of the firmware upgrade to take place and after that also the problem exists then you can contact the Intel customer care for further help and support.