Thread: Intel D975XBX BIOS downgrade

Intel D975XBX BIOS downgrade

I have just got a new new Intel D975XBX, and the main issue is that I wanted it to downgrade the software that i have recently added to the computer. I wanted it to Downgrade the windows that I have just installed and change it to the older version that I was using in it before. Please help me of how can I Downgrade the BIOS from my new Intel D975XBX, I don't have any idea regarding this.

Re: D975XBX Basic Input Output System downgrade

The answer to this query is that you need to see the current BIOS and try to see the whether the BIOS can be upgraded or downgraded only then the further steps of downgrading ca be done. Or you cannot Downgrade past the BIOS version in which before you have upgraded the AMT. The XBX2 can be repaired if the Downgrade is not being done and then converted back to the XBX which is the earlier version.

If the above steps are not working properly then you can also try the other solution by recompiling the correct .bio to get a new rev number. This should definitely solve your problem and the Downgrade process will take place. The time for downgrading depends upon the system speed and the RAM being used and also the memory of the computer.

And the final solution is that if all the above preferred answers are not working for you then you can use the GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard that has got more features of downgrading the software you want and also you can check various sites forums for getting the same by typing the query in the official Site of Intel. The retailer might not help in this case as he only would be clueless as to what he can do in such scenario.