Thread: Intel D955Xcs Chipset and HDMI audio problem

Intel D955Xcs Chipset and HDMI audio problem

I am currently using an Intel D955Xcs chipset motherboard on my machine using which I am trying to get to output audio through my HDMI cable. I have Windows 7 Home Premium operating system on my computer but the problem I am facing here is that I am get video out but there is no audio. I am also having an Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS graphics card which is attached to the Motherboard and it is having the HDMI port. The receiver informs that it is able to get the HDMI video but no Audio input in it I have tried many things like in Windows Device manager under sound when perform setting I am not able see HDMI device but there is HD device (speakers) present in this. I am not able to have any solution, so i want to know what need to be done to get the HDMI device under Windows Device manager so that I can get the HDMI audio.

Re: Intel D955Xcs Chipset and HDMI audio problem

This problem of your can be because of the audio drivers because you are able to get the video using the Intel D955Xcs chipset motherboard. But you are not able to get the audio with HDMI then its defiantly some problem with your audio drives. To resolve the problem you surely need too go for the up to date update i.e latest update for your system which will defiantly solve your audio problem with Intel D955Xcs Chipset and HDMI cable.

To have the audio using HDMI you need to have the HDMI sound set to the default sound device just move to task bar and right click the volume controller to the time. After that go to playback devices if you have install all the drivers for audio correctly installed correctly then all the sound devices will be in place. There you need to right click on digital output device which is HDMI and set it as your default audio device. Now try to check if it is working great by playing your things which you wanted to play this can be the solution of your problem you have mentioned.

You might not install the Realtek Audio Codecs appropriately, so I think you should first install it properly step by step. After which go to the device manager, there you will able to see an entry for High Definition Audio Device in Sound video and game controllers you need to select this option. There you have to right click on to the speaker icon which is present on the system tray and a just select playback device as HDMI after which you may be able to get the audio in your computer with Intel D955Xcs Chipset.

To resolve your problem related to the HDMI audio not present but video present can be because of the connection problem internally. You can go for the audio drive for your system other than this i want to know if you are really link to the specifc GPU i.e graphics processing unit position in your Intel D955Xcs Chipset motherboard. It might happen that there is only DVI present because of which you are not able to get the audio. You need to have the audio connected to the GPU to get the work done with the Intel D955Xcs Chipset motherboard.