Thread: core2 quad 9550 vs core 2 extreme qx6700

core2 quad 9550 vs core 2 extreme qx6700

Friends, I have bought an Intel Core 2 Quad, Q9400 Processor and installed them on my system. I am using Asus motherboard. When I read the instruction book for that and searched on internet then l found that the temperature for the CPU should be between 30 to 38 deg but when I actually started using then I found that it goes about 86 and 100.4 deg Fahrenheit. Therefore I want to know that what will be actual answer for this. Please provide me with the best answer that you know to solve the issue. Thank you.

Use cooling system to reduce the temperature.

Have you overclocked your computer? If that is the case then the main reason behind the heat of the computer is overclocking that that is normal. It uses the processor more than its capacity when you do the overclocking. My suggestion to you is to use a cooling system for your computer. There are various cooling system available on internet and you can search the best out of them. Buy that and implement it with your system and I am quite sure that it will help you to solve the heating problem of your computer.

Re: core2 quad 9550 vs core 2 extreme qx6700

I have somewhat similar problem. Recently, I have installed the Q9400 Core 2 Quad processor for my computer which I mainly use to play the games. I found that the fan which was there in the computer was not able to cool the processor and therefore I bought aftermarket CPU cooler and installed that on my computer. After that I found that the temperatures for the each core in the processor are unlike. I want to ask you that whether this is a normal thing or there is some problem? This tendency carries on even while playing high-end games. Please help me.

See the overall temperature of the CPU.

There is possibility that the software that you are using is misreading the temps and that is why you are getting such difference. I would like to tell you that Intel does not reveal that how we can read the temperature of each core. Just see the BIOS and check what it says about the CPU temperature. If it is showing the normal temperature then why are you worrying about the temperature of each core? I don’t think that it will cause some problem with the system performance.

I think that there is no problem with your computer. I am using Intel Q8200S which has the minimal cooling and that is around 40C. I would like to tell you that there are 2 dual cores available on the same package so it is very natural that you will see two different temperatures on two different cores. When your computer is idle that is you are not doing anything in that then it will show you about 5C temperature. According to overall it is giving good value to us.

It is very normal to see the difference between the temperatures of each core. The temperature of the core is depending upon the use of the core at that particular time. If more processes uses the same core then it will get heated more. I have seen this problem on every CPU from P4s to Xeons. If any of the cores is having about 50c more temperature then the other three cores then it may create problem otherwise it is normal.