Thread: Temp Warning with Core i5-750.

Temp Warning with Core i5-750.

I am using the DH55HC motherboard which is running the stock heatsink with a Core i5-750. It was running fine for about 2 weeks but last night when I tried to start it then the Desktop Utility shows me two thermal warnings. The warnings that I got was for processor temp of 272F and other was for 274F. At both the time my machine was running at the time. This is the first time I am seeing any warning message on my desktop so I don’t have any idea about that. If you know the reason behind this or the solution for that then I request you to share that with us. Any helpful suggestion from anyone would be really appreciative.

Upgrade the version of the IDU.

I think that you have problem with the version of the version of the IDU that you are using. This may be outdated and therefore it is creating problem for you. I was also having some similar problem with mine and therefore I update the version of IDU to 3.1 and from then I never got such messages. You should also check for the updates of your IDU and upgrade to the latest version of the IDU.

Update the Operating System with the latest driver.

I would like to recommend you to update the Operating System with the latest driver for the mainboard available in the market. You can also try the “Everest” software which is available on internet. This software will help you to see your temps for the machine. I am using this software on my computer and I found it very flexible in use and very helpful also. Just download and install that on your computer and I am sure that it will help you in your case.

Use CPU cooler to maintain temperature.

I think that you have to use the cpu cooler. I am saying this because I don’t think that Intel has done anything about the cooling of the CPU. They could have something more with their stock coolers or they should make sure that they are getting very hot. In my case I .was using the zalman 9900 but that was not able to give the satisfactory result so now I bought new coolermaster v10 and this is running cooler than the previous one. You should also buy the cooling system for your machine and implement that to your system. I am sure that it will let you out of the problem.
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 28-10-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Re: Temp Warning with Core i5-750.

I have updated to the latest version of the IDU software. I also have the latest version of the Chipset and BIOS. This was done before I was getting the error message. I think that it is some common software glitch. I think that these errors are not because the CPU gets overheated. I feel that Intel should do some work on the Desktop Utilities software.

Re: Temp Warning with Core i5-750.

I have read your post and I would like to tell you that the motherboard you are using that is DH55HC is nothing but the two core supported motherboard. For example: i3 and i5 which are upto 500 series are built in graphic too. In your case you are using the core i5 750 which is from 700 series. That requires the P55 chipset. I am using the asus p7p55d-e evo which have intel i5 750 processor and I found that it is a great combination and have great overclocking features. If ;you go for this then I am sure that you will not find any such temp problem again.