Thread: Facing problem on my Intel q965 motherboard with aero and dual monitor

Facing problem on my Intel q965 motherboard with aero and dual monitor

Hi,
    I am having Dell Optiplex 745 desktop and it also have an on board q965 controller. I am using Windows 7 Pro OS on my system. I am also making the use of the second monitor and it is connected to it with the help of dongle. I am getting the problem that, when i extend my desktop to the second monitor, then the Windows Aero Glass works well and after that it again comes back to Aero Basic. Is the issue which i am facing is related with the driver? Is there anyone who is facing the similar problem? I am now looking for a support in order to solve this problem. I will request you to provide me the fix for this issue. Thanks

Getting the issue with two Dell 1907FPT LCD monitors

I have recently purchased two Dell 1907FPT LCD monitors and i have set the resolution of both the monitor to 1024 x 768 along with 32 bit color and 75 Hz refresh rate. I make the use of the on board video card. My motherboard is Intel Q965 and it has a 256 MB of video RAM and i am also facing the same problem as above. Is there anyone who will try to help me out? I need you support on this issue. Please try to post you reply as early as you can.

Check the BIOS setting and the RAM

I think you should try to do the following things.
    1. Try to check the BIOS setting.
    2. Try to change your system as it is old and the memory is limited.
    3. I will advise you to use the RAM not less than 6GB.
    4. The video card Ram which you are using must be more than 256 MB.

Try to implement this entire thing which i have mentioned and i hope that it will definitely help you in solving your problem.

Aero is working in single monitor mode, but not in dual monitor mode

I am also having the same setup at my home. I am making the use of a 256 mb video memory, which is i think is the maximum possible for the GMA3000/Q965/Q963 chipset in windows 7 OS. The problem i am facing is that when i am trying to installing the 8.16 drivers for win7 x64, then it is not allowing me to install it. I have also tried it manually, but not succeeded in doing it. When i am trying to run in single monitor mode, then the aero is working well and when i switch to dual monitor, it does not work. I have tried the above fix,but not solving the problem. Please help me out in solving my problem. Do suggest a fix for this issue.

Changing the video Card RAM helped to solve my problem

I have referred the solution provided by Macarenas and after trying his solution i was able to solve my issue. I have also tried to do some changes in my BIOS setting and also have changed my video card RAM and now it is working fine. The solution you provided was really a nice one. Now i would like to thank you for providing me such a nice solution which really helped me in solving my issue.