Thread: Intel Core2Duo 6420 problem - low frequency

Intel Core2Duo 6420 problem - low frequency

I am getting an issues with my Intel Core2Duo 6420 after reinstalling the operating system to the vista, previously I was having the windows XP operating system. The problem is that I am getting low frequency up to1.6 GHz previously it was 2.1GHz, I also have installed all the drivers. I used it only for gaming and for watching the High Definition movies and also I handle some file on this machine. then also I am getting low frequency, if anyone having knowledge on this then please reply. Thanks in advance.

I have gone through your question and I think due to the wrong settings in your BIOS you are getting the low frequency. I advise you to get the high frequency on your machine you have to make the Intel speed step enabled. Just keep pressing the Del key at the start of machine and then a window for basic input output setting will come. In that enable the enhance Intel Speedstep technologies. By doing this setting you will receive a high frequency.

I don’t think that low frequency is causes due to the operating system. I also have Intel Core2Duo 6420 with the same operating system, and I am getting the constant frequency on it. I assume that you are calculating the wrong frequency, for that I suggest you to install the CPU-Z software to your computer. CPU-Z provides you information about your machine including processor package and frequency and also its current core voltage. CPU-Z is the freeware program you download it to your machine.

I have figured out why you are getting the low frequency, and I must tell you that the frequency is oscillate because of the DSP chips. This all happens due to the quantization error, when there is the difference occurs between the digital and analog representation then this error generate and due to which you are getting the low frequency. If you are having any other query then please reply me.