Thread: Intel DG41RQ CMOS BATTERY not working properly

Intel DG41RQ CMOS BATTERY not working properly

I am using a computer with Intel DG41RQ. I have some problem with my computer system. After every AC power off my computer CMOS battery start give me a problem. I also have problem with my computer date and time. My computer not saving the date and time properly and display the wrong date and time. Is there is a any problem in my system? How can i solve my problem? Please reply me.

Re: Intel DG41RQ CMOS BATTERY not working properly

I think you have to check your CMOS battery setting. Set all proper setting for your CMOS battery and then check for your problem. If you want guide then you refer your Intel DG41RQ motherboard guide book which you got with your motherboard. So i think if there is a only problem in CMOS battery setting then it will solve your problem and give you proper result.

Follow the some instruction and then check your problem. To enter in bios setting start your computer and Hold down del key and you have to select "load setup defaults" option for default setting. Click on Save and exit so it save your setting. Shut down your computer, remove all connection and Remove battery. Change jumper setting from 2+3 to 1+2. Wait for sometime. Set jumper back to pin 2+3 and reinstall battery. Create all connection. Turn on your computer and Hold down del key and set necessary setting like date,time etc

Your Intel DG41RQ CMOS Battery not working properly so there is a problem in your CMOS Battery so you have to check your it to verify your problem. Check your CMOS BATTERY on another system if same problem take place in another machine then you have to replace your CMOS BATTERY with new CMOS BATTERY. Insert a new CMOS BATTERY and check it work properly or not. I think it will solve your problem.
    Last edited by SecRecy; 28-10-2010 at 09:56 AM.

You check your CMOS Battery if it not work properly then remove it and then start your computer. If your computer run properly then you have problem with CMOS Battery but it give some error then you some other problem with your system. Call hardware person and explain your problem. He will help you to solve your problem.