Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R booting problems

GA-X58A-UD3R booting problems

Well, I just ride my pc following the tutorial "Build a PC in 30 minutes!" Here is my config:
    • INTEL Core i7 930 (LGA1366)
    • GIGABYTE EX58-UD3R
    • KINGSTON 3x2 GB DDR3 PC3-10666
    • MSI GeForce GTX470 (1280 DDR5, PCI-E)
    • Western Digital Caviar Black 500 GB SATA 300
    • ANTEC Three Hundred - ATX Mid Tower
    • Corsair TX850W Power-850 Watts
    But then, 2 seconds after the start of the CPU, a red LED (of the Southbridge) lights, and let the machine restarted, and it does not finish before disconnecting power. So here I hope you'll tell me why and how to solve the problem.

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R booting problems

All cables are plugged in? 8pin CPU, 24 pins motherboard, 6 or 8 pins (or both) graphics card? Make a clear CMOS:
    • you remove the 220v
    • you shunt the 2 pins near the battery named CLR-CMOS for 2-3 seconds with a jumper, a paper clip or screwdriver
    • you remove the jumper, you defer the 220v and you boot
    • you go into the bios and you do a LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULT then you change the options you want.
    Try with a single array of ram if it does not work. You have nothing in your handbook that explains how the LEDs?

Over a year ago I have a system with the MB EX58 UD3R i7 920 and collected. Until about a week, everything went perfectly, but now it has trouble booting at all BIOS. If I operated the power button, all the lights phase LED's and all the fans start to spin around. Nothing else happened, even after several minutes. After trial and error a few hours, I found the following solutions to the system but to be able to boot:
    1. Reduce the RAM transom of 3 to 1 I have previously also held a memtest from each of the three bars - all in order.
    2. Unplugging all USB, LAN, etc cables

The 2 options above do not always work, sometimes it is only after 20 + attempts - very annoying. If the system is booted me, it works perfectly, even under high load (Prime95, Furmark). Through this knowledge you can not really rule out a faulty power supply as a possible cause, right?

All alms motherboard / graphics are connected, And to clear CMOS there is nothing next to the battery, but a button on the back of the CPU that has the same name. I press it several seconds but nothing was done, it still does not start properly. And the manual, it is that del is used to show if there is a boost at the Southbridge. For cons, while cranking, if I press the left button, AC starts, but once I stop, the LED lights up and continues to do again what he did before.

start problems can also come from the power supply. just let memtest run all three save with 4:10. When you press the Clear CMOS button you had disconnected the 220V? Otherwise, do the same thing by removing the battery. Unable to put the memory on the new CPU, and changing the graphics card that does not work either? If you have not tried that, then I think that you should try it. Also using the memtest will certainly help you. This tool tests the RAM for errors and other shortcomings. Finding a very good way to problems caused by faulty memory. The software runs via USB flash drive, boot disk or by combustible Image (ISO). Memtest86 + is the unofficial successor to Memtest86 version 3.00.