Thread: Overheating problem in Motherboard DH57DD

Overheating problem in Motherboard DH57DD

I am using the Windows 7 on the HP desktop and recently replaced the Motherboard with the new Intel Desktop Board DH57DD which was the latest release in the Media section. I purchased these as it has extra media capabilities for the gaming purpose and the performance for that was great but from the last week the Motherboard gets overheated. When i checked the temperature of the Motherboard in the BIOS it shown me a temperature of 67c which was more than the normal. So, what should i do in order to resolve the problem any suggestion on the problem will help.

Re: Overheating problem in Motherboard DH57DD

If the processor is recently installed on the motherboard or the Motherboard is replaced recently then there are chances that the Fan or the Heatsink is not properly installed. Then check the push pins in the correct position and is the Heatsink securely attached to the socket/motherboard or not and according to that make the chances.Make sure that you are using the suggested Fan or Heatsink for your boxed processor, If you are by means of the Fan or Heatsink that comes in the box with your Intel boxed processor, you have the right one. Also check the Thermal Interface Material on the bottom on the bottom of the heatsink. Intel Heatsinks have thermal material on them from the industrial unit, if you necessitate extra Thermal Interface Material (TIM) and you have a boxed processor that is immobile within the warranty period of three years, call Intel customer support for Thermal Interface Material.

The solution provide by you above is a very good one and in the past I solved the problem with the same solution but these time it does not work for me and the Intel Motherboard still have the same problem of the heating and last night I check the temperature of the Motherboard in the BIOS which has increased to 70 c and now the computer switch off when there is too much heating. So, please provide an alternative to this problem; any advice will be appreciated to overcome the problem.

There are chances that Airflow is blocked so you need to Move cables or other hardware that may block airflow properly in the Motherboard set up. You have to make sure that you Do not use additional fans then are necessary for your chassis more is not better every time. Also Update the BIOS. Verify you have the most recent BIOS and update it if desirable. You can recognize your present BIOS version by looking at the BIOS string, which emerge during boot-up. You can also exhibit the BIOS version by entering BIOS system by pressing "F2" through system boot-up. The main page of the BIOS setup comprise the BIOS version string, this is the ultimate solution to reduce the temperature to the normal.

There are some common steps that should be followed in order to keep the temperature of the Motherboard at normal such as do not put the computer straight onto the ground. Although tower replica is planned for placement anywhere, chiefly near foot or knee height, they should not be directly on the floor or fitted carpet. Buy a computer stand and raise the unit quite a few inches off the floor to reduce dust buildup. Make sure the stand does not block air vents. So, follow these common steps and always keep the switches off when you are not using the computer.