Thread: Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 - IOMMU does not work

Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 - IOMMU does not work

Yesterday I took my new PC in operation and installed all the parts ... like so be it, ran first and then got an error code which was 88/8B. After long search, I found the error. Once I reset switch upside down, connect the mainboard in a boot loop with error 88/8B (No photo) hanging. I turn the reset switch, that returns to the Pinblock, the Motherboard is fine. How can something happen? Is this normal? I've never seen such behavior on a motherboard. I also have a second problem. Currently I have the F4 bios on it. Unfortunately I can not activate the IOMMU. As soon as I do, after initializing the hard disks and drives is no more. No system is booted. I turn off the IOMMU, it works. Does anyone have any idea? (By "not booting" I think that it's not so far is that there "Loading Operating System" actually is!)

Re: Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 - IOMMU does not work

This is not normal to the reset. You should pay attention to the orientation of the plug never, because there's only one switch is connected. Have you ever measured the switch with a multimeter? Maybe on a line of a shot are with the housing. Then there would be a landmark in the short circuit is not in the others. This could cause your problem. Regarding your IOMMU problem. Have you ever checked your RAM (eg with Memtest86 +, Prime95 "Blend" or Windows Memory Diagnostic). Could that be because the system reacts much more sensitive to RAM problems. It is also a defect of the board or an error in the BIOS. Have you ever tried an older BIOS? Perhaps because a bug has slipped.

I have not the board, because I must therefore ask: The option to enable the IOMMU's only with the F4 BIOS, or what? In, as always, quite scarce Changelog stands in there that is nothing. What OS did you really? Have you ever AHCI disabled (ie in the BIOS to "Native IDE" set)? It's not that the AHCI driver from the IOMMU somehow OS ineffective. I think that you understood what I want to say?

Regarding your IOMMU problem. Have you ever checked your RAM (eg with Memtest86 +, Prime95 "Blend" or Windows Memory Diagnostic). Could that be because the system reacts much more sensitive to RAM problems. It is also a defect of the board or an error in the BIOS. Have you ever tried an older BIOS? perhaps because a bug has slipped.
    I will traverse times, possibly yes there really is something wrong. On the subject of IOMMU. RAM is just fine and after 24 hours on Memtest86 + tested. Similarly, the stability with Prime95. One older BIOS do I check yes, since the IOMMU option is mentioned only in the latest F4 bios.

What OS did you really? Have you ever AHCI disabled (ie in the BIOS to "Native IDE" set)? It's not that the AHCI driver from the IOMMU somehow OS ineffective.
    Yes the bios is offering first-F4 support. I had on it F2 (F3 is nothing in the gigabyte site!) There and there was the option is not definitive. Switching to IDE does not work. Why, too. It does not come so far that he even begin to boot what would! Neither of CD / DVD or from hard drive.

Extremely thanks for replying me sooner..

I want to build my new system on a GA-890FXA-UD7 with a Phenom II X6 1090T. The main purpose of the system, gamble, work, multimedia, experiment with virtualization.
    ECC
    The Phenom supports ECC yes Memory (unbuffered ECC), according to a forum entry is also supported by the ECC-GA-890FXA UD5.
    • What is the ECC support from the GA-890FXA-UD7?
    • Are there officially tested 4GB memory modules, or success stories from users?
    • Why no mention of ECC support?
    • The restriction of the search terms in the search forums on 4 + characters makes a search more difficult for .. There are not just a few 3 character abbreviations in the IT

IOMMU
    The 890FX supports IOMMU. For BIOS there is a beta with the IOMMU will be available.
    • How is the current status?
    • IOMMU is now also available in the regular BIOS?
    • If you get the beta BIOS Easy e-mail request?
    • If the IOMMU support still maintained?

Am with my P965-DS4 motherboard by the way very happy and I look forward to another system with Gigabyte board.

Unfortunately, there is no official ECC - Support for the 890FX chipset, the reason is that there were probably not yet been tested extensively. In the current bios ECC unbuffered memory will be assisted. For the IOMMU support I have here are currently only a Testbios, we have the support but just asked again. The images after the case has more than enough space. But, in a dual slot graphic card in the bottom PCIe slot is missing you the extra needed for the cooler of graphic card. Therefore you need as one that the heat does not blow on the slot aperture to the exterior (and has since also no bushings, which would otherwise useless).