Thread: External graphics card for RC440BX board possible?

External graphics card for RC440BX board possible?

I am using best mother board means RC440BX mother board; I know this is so oldest version of Intel motherboard but it will support Microsoft Windows 2000 which is quiet enough for me. This is best Bcoz it is well documented. But there is one thing is missing in that. I want to know that it is OK to place external PCI graphic card. I tried an ATI Radeaon 9200 128 MB/ 64 bit PCI card but doesn’t seems like that it is working. When computer start in normal mode windows continuously reboot. I thought that card is damaged, so please if you have any idea about this. I want to know what happen to my computer. Any suggestion please share with me.?
    Last edited by AlexisSoft; 28-10-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Re: External graphics card for RC440BX board possible?

This card is so old and you know why your computer is support this card, due to this reason Bcoz it doesn’t take this high graphics. If you want to connect your graphic card then you have make sure that you are working on windows service pack 2 version of Microsoft. This card will fit to your computer Bcoz your operating system need boot attempts to accept that card driver to load them to processor. This card however only increases the performance of display. So try this I know this thing help you out.

Here this is not suitable card for the RC440BX motherboard you know that we can say that it is just so oldest and has range about higher than ATI. For your mother board TNT card always work fine I tried this before. The limiting of this card is not compatible for your motherboard. This card is compatible with or it only support to Celeron processor and also supports maximum RAM of 512MB. If you really want to connect a graphics card to your computer you can use 256 DIMMs graphic card which is have been selected for this type of motherboard. You just do exactly like this it will solve your problem.

Yes it is possible Bcoz TNT graphic card is possible for this kind of old mother board. TNT card has capability to take load and allow you to enable video as per your need. As per the setting which is more needed when your computer start up this card has ability to complete this thing means it can fix it. Or you can refer another Intel TNT graphic card 27.20 which fit in your requirement mans when you start computer it will automatically change the setting which convert your VGA to high resolution display. Try out this and you can able to play game and can watch video with high resolution.