Thread: Changing Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver using script

Changing Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver using script

I am using a intel machine that have a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver. Mostly I am play on video game. I want to configure settings in Intel Graphics Media Accerator using script that is vbs script, Java, etc.)? is it possible? , It should run automatically whenever I logged into the machine instead of aperture the Graphics Properties manually each time. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Changing Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver using script

You need to given all the fundamental changes to the Intel driver, and especially now with KMS, external display support has been quite in flux. One of the issue encounter is that the maximum virtual screen size depending on driver version (or in the case of KMS, the kernel). This is significant if you want to have an comprehensive desktop (dual-display), but not for Mirror mode. If you’re using KMS, depending on what patch made it keen on the kernel the maximum virtual screensize is either 2048x2048 or 4096x4096. If you’re not using KMS, depending on the Intel driver version it will be either 1280x1280 or 2048x2048. 4096x4096 is not potential without KMS, and even then you authority have to add the patch to your kernel to enable it. To see what your practical screen size is, simply run xrandr from a cmdline and appear for something like this
    Code:
    Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1400 x 1050, maximum 4096 x 4096

Re: Changing Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver using script

The maximum virtual screensize is 4096x4096 which is ideal, and again, merely possible in mixture with KMS. If you’re getting 1280x1280 instead, you’re organization an older Intel driver and have to add the Virtual line as shown below to your xorg.conf
    Code:
    Section "Screen"
         Identifier      "Default Screen"
         Device          "Intel Graphics Adapter"
         SubSection "Display"
                Virtual         2048 2048
         EndSubSection
    EndSection
    Once you contain started X, you should discover that your manifold monitors are automatically activate and mirror each other to the extent allowed by their potentially different geometries. If you want them to appear as a "large desktop", you need to adjust their relation position with the XRandR utility. You can get an idea of what you're functioning with by typing
    Code:
    xrandr -q
    This will give you