Thread: Convert a MacBook Pro to proper Quad Core i7

Convert a MacBook Pro to proper Quad Core i7

I have a eager about the prospect of Core i5 MacBook Pro, which Intel temporarily offered up in. , I am going to be attractive strengthen about today’s news. Do I want to know by a Core-i7 M620 MacBook Pro which is management an unreleased version of Mac OS 10.6.2 (Build 10C3067) and Bios MBP61.88Z.004C.B00.1001251657. Please suggest how to convert a MacBook Pro to proper Quad Core i7. Please help. Thanks.

Re: Convert a MacBook Pro to proper Quad Core i7

New MacBook Pro Core i7 2.66 GHz are 50% faster than their processors to Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz, as promised by Apple. Test a little more representative of heavy use in "real life" of a Handbrake conversion file (600 MB, 64-bit) offers the same conclusion: where the Core 2 Duo model has to 32'19 to overcome the conversion, the Core i7 model. Core i7 processors have two major advances compared to Core 2 Duo. In addition to their integrated graphics, they have the Turbo Boost, which allows to move a heart to 3.33 GHz on a temporary basis during a challenging task, as well as HyperThreading, which simulates four virtual cores, for parallel computations in applications optimized.

Users of the latest MacBook Pro will be surprised, because in use by the tests showed that the Core i7 i5 warmed less than older models. It is true that Cinebench 3D (the test that pushes the CPU to 100 ° C) is not necessarily the application that reflects the average use is made of an Apple laptop, but such a temperature at the processor n is not exceptional. First, the processor can reach 105 ° C operating without flinching (beyond, it reduces its frequency) and secondly, the actual temperature limit is 130 ° C. Moreover, a high temperature is quite logical with the Core i7 is a sign that the turbo is working properly, the latter being designed to achieve the highest possible TDP. Finally, models of the previous range commonly reached such a temperature, when encoding video, without unduly problematic. In practice, Apple takes advantage of the aluminum chassis to run the fans at full speed rather late, which allows for a silent machine in most uses.

I had to test the performance of the graphics card, and have some fun, we measured the number of frames displayed per second in StarCraft II 2v2 with all settings on Ultra. Native resolution of your screen (ACD 1680x1050) is capped at 50 fps. There is no better at 1280x800 (the lowest common denominator to 1280x1024 with a test on all Apple machines) then the game reached 55 fps. Very average performances that show that Apple still has some way to go for Mac OS allows monsters and power consumption of graphics cards that are tough to speak to their full potential.

I had hesitated to take a lot Mac Pro Nehalem for the various work I do, by adding a Apple 30-inch Display. The estimate is therefore, I had second thoughts, particularly as regards the Apple Display. The announcement of new Apple products coming in these days had happened to me in the ears, so I decided to wait a little, secretly hoping the arrival of a machine that would suit me just as much. The huge screen 16:9 format, the SD memory card reader and the ability to connect a MacBook via an adapter (not available yet) the video input on the iMac were right in my wallet. It must be said that is what it missed the old iMac.

I intended to take a Mac Pro and a large screen. The concerns of the price was right for my final choice. The Mac Pro is an excellent machine, I use it every day in my business, and is very scalable (adding hard disks, memory, network cards, etc..). Upon reflection, I wondered if I really need to add a bunch of items in the Mac Pro in the near future. I have thought long and then I realized that apart from maybe add an extra hard drive I would not add anything else. The Apple Premium Reseller Macline (the store or I buy all my stuff), I announced a delivery within 10 or 15 days since I have a specific command (CPU, RAM, HDD).