Thread: Need help in setting up raid 0 on MSI 790FX GD-70

Need help in setting up raid 0 on MSI 790FX GD-70

I have been encompassed and endeavoring to set up RAID0 on my 2 Western Digital Blue 320GB for the precedent 2 months to no advantage. I am utilizing the blue JMicron organizer for this and went to the BIOS to facilitate H/W Drive Booster Manager and set the 2 HDD's to RAID 0 (Striped). Subsequent to installing Windows 7, I had inaugurated up the JMicron driver, and this communication pops up each time. Subsequent to failing to search an explanation, I read the back of the instruction manual and instructed me to inaugurate something called 'Drive Booster Manager'; originate it in my MSI Driver Disk, and installed it. Thinking I was close to solving the tribulations, I got agitated merely to be dissatisfied I need some help here.

Re: Need help in setting up raid 0 on MSI 790FX GD-70

First off, do not utilize software RAID (which I imagine you are endeavoring to do.) Set the RAID Mode by means of the intention of you presently have set to "IDE" to "RAID". Utilize the ports commencing the southbridge (several of the 6 black ones) and not the blue ones. The onboard JMicron organizer is slower than the SB. At present, as you are booting the system, press the hotkey to get into the RAID bios and locate the stripe size and collection there (the hotkey might be ctrl + impressive, I not be able to remember on by means of the intention of board then install Windows, and utilize the RAID drivers commencing the MSI site during installation. You be able to put them on a flash drive and immediately plug it in at the same time as you are installing Windows. There is no necessitate to install ANY software for the RAID to function. You determine to in addition get superior speeds than software RAID and/or RAID commencing the JMicron controller.

I necessitate putting out of action the Drive Booster Mode in the BIOS and setting it to customary mode and the E-Sata H/W Raid Controller previous to formating/installing. I would put out of action it and set it back to the defaulting. Do not utilize the blue ports for RAID. You have to utilize them as a most recent resort for similar to CD drives or something, for the reason with the intention of they have a much slower speed than what sb750 be able to provide.

I was in addition endeavoring to set-up a RAID-0 by means of the most recent drivers commencing the MSI site, additional than no achievement so far. I am tranquil utilizing the HDs as "Native IDE" in BIOS (ver1.9). I be able to you share it by means of mine which drivers you used during setup for RAID-0. My RAID was a terrible to set up, fundamentally utilize the 32bit drivers off the contained CD to get the RAID rolling, then windows determine to bring up to date the 32bit drivers to the required 64bit ones.

A friend of excavation and tribulations getting raid set up on with the intention of board. I believe he tried utilizing the sata connector the manual sustained or maintained and it did not run appropriately. In conclusion out of aggravation used one of the additional sata correlations on the motherboard and got it to work. Would I necessitate a re-installation of the OS if I switch the HDD's to the black ports.

You be supposed to be creating a RAID in BIOS. On the other hand, if you have comprised the RAID drivers inaugurated, you would not necessitate to reinstall Windows, additional than if you did not inaugurate them at the same time as installing Windows, despondently you determine to have to reformat. I was thinking to utilize the black ports, additional than being fussy, am determined to resolve the tribulations and utilize the blue ports as an alternative.