Thread: Cleaning Circuit Boards

Cleaning Circuit Boards

Hi i am using the desktop and its having a intel core i 3 processor and intel chipset and the mother board is of the Asrock company. Now i own this machine from a year or so and it never gave me any sort of problem. Since it never gave me any kind of problem so i never open the cabinet, but now i have decided to clean it up and the thing is that i don't know the proper way to do it and i also want to clean the circuit board so please can any one help me in this case.

Re: Cleaning Circuit Boards

I have often cleaned my board and always use compressed air in the beginning of the process and usually it cleans all the mess by it self. And i use it in the proper way then it makes my board dirt free and it looks great. So i will suggest you do the same because it is the formula that runs for older boards also and yours is the Asrock and the chipset is of Intel so i guess it will work fine. Do remember one thing that while performing this act always unplug your system.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there are several ways through which you can clean up the mess of your board , Usually lot of users those who are doing it at the first time uses water and dishwasher to clean it but i will suggest you to not do it in fact keep the board as dry as possible, Because it may happen that moisture may damage the chips on the board and mind you that chips are very costly. Si keep in mind never to do it with any wet material or by water.

It is good to clean the boar on regular basis what it will do is keep your machine dirt free and also will increase its life. The other thing here is that i also do it on regular basis. Here are few steps that you have to follow :
    • Remove the cabinet cover and the and use the compressor to clean up the dirt.
    • Then just remove the board carefully.
    • Once you do it then sprinkle a little a alcohol on the board ,
    • what it will do is it will soak all the moisture of the board,
    • Then just dry the board by the air dryer.

I was also facing the same problem on the initial period of mine when i newly purchased my computer but mastered it later on. The only thing that i would like to tell you is that just always keep your hands dry and use the painting brush or any soft brush to clean the dirt and always use the hair dryer to dry the surface that is to if there is any moisture on the board, do not use water at any cost to perform any of this cleaning.