Thread: Asus Striker Extreme Intel E6850

Asus Striker Extreme Intel E6850

As so often asked, I'll do it now. I would like to have a new computer and have now (probably) found my desired configuration. Now I want to hear from you again but what do you say to the opinion:
    • Motherboard: Asus Striker Extreme
    • Processor: Intel E6850
    • Memory: 4 * 1GB (but does not know which manufacturer, tend to Kingston / Corsair / Geil)
    • Hard disk for your OS: 2 * Samsung 80GB SATA2 hard drive or two SCSI hard disks (if only the controller is missing )
    • Disks for the data: 2 * 250 Sata2 (also Samsung)
    • Video Card: 2 * 8600 or should I rather take the 8800gts?
    • CPU Cooler: Zalman 9700

The operating system itself, I wanted to take Vista Premium 32bit. So, now even your comments, although I know that my ideas are now fairly motherboard? What I want to do with it ... playing, as well as video and graphics processing...

Re: Asus Striker Extreme Intel E6850

Motherboard: Why? Is Expensive and can SLI, SLI is nonsense with Souce until you can sometimes buy video card is the only slower than the predecessor in SLI configuration will take considerable time. A good board Equipped with the Intel P35 board like the Abit IP35 Pro is about 100 € cheaper than the Striker Extreme.

What we are already in the graphics card, good for 8600 not to play, whether alone or in combination, in any case, a nim 8800 to 1200.1024 with 320 MB, everything about it is a clear case for 640 mm version. RAM: You know that you are not with einem32 bit OS can address memory full? Brand: MDT, Bilig than the other and not worse. Otherwise it looks ok for me which I miss, however, a power supply.

So the power supply you need not miss, I'm the mom NEN 550Watt nt in my computer, just six months old ma NEN, NEN is beQuiet. But why sli be rubbish? And the memory still not fully addressed is clear to me, but still want to wait until I win 64bit version me a hole. One more question, what would be better for the system: 2hdds sata2 in raid 0 or 2hdds in raid0 scsi (would be two 73gb hdds with 10k and u320)?

On Raid0 is not an operating system, an operating system for your 80s, the rest you can keep wie'n roofers, just not as high. I've then also placed value on the nanoPEG of SLI, and since the 6 chipset wait lies I used to 5, which indeed is only a finally reamed 4. Meanwhile, I've become smarter, I'll never buy two graphics cards for rendering.

Why? Quite simply, the development of graphics cards falls too fast, I currently use a GX², which is slightly slower than a 8800GTX, the 8800 can clear my only DX9c DX10, but I do not have Vista, what am I to them? By the spring comes the Vista SP1, this is also DX10a, the 8800 can not, however, the GeForce 9, the most this holiday season will do now. As of SP1, you can probably play half-way to work with Vista and all the 8 Geforces purchased for DX10 and Vista, but then are obsolete already, can not perform new tricks. My not too fast but then it is still. Recently there was exactly my graphics card for a couple of days at Alternate for 199 € (but without the water cooler, I'd again buy extra need, just as with the initial purchase of my card) I'm really thinks for a moment whether I buy a because they yet so cheap. Has lasted about 2 minutes until I asked myself what did I do with it. I already incentives are not the first! Sometime in the spring or summer when the first "Ultras" appear, the 9 series, I'm going to buy Vista and ne 9s "GTX" as soon as they have become a little cheaper, then I'll be back soon enough for 2 or 3 years. I do not need SLI. Not to mention, probably with an SLI two 8 Geforces your 550Watt PSU already bad call ...