Thread: Can not find Rapid Boot BIOS setting

Can not find Rapid Boot BIOS setting

I am having an Intel DG45ID with the latest BIOS but an only problem is that i am not able to find out the Rapid Boot BIOS setting in the BIOS menu. Is it like it has been removed on these board. I have noticed one more thing with my motherboard as it takes bit more time then other to POST.

Re: Can not find Rapid Boot BIOS setting

This BIOS feature is precised for an Intel motherboards. Intel says that this feature only allows their motherboards to perform around 44% faster then the normal boot timing. Because of this an Intel Rapid BIOS Boot feature is much like the fast Quick Boot feature which has been came with the newer motherboards or you may say that it is like Quick Power On Self Test which has been seen in an older motherboards.

I have seen such problems with the BIOS when you haven't installed the Operating system, drivers and etc in the proper order. Actually the hard driver on which you have installed an Operating system should be in the first in the line up. It might happen that you haven't done so ans hence you are not getting all the possible options for your BIOS.

If you have enabled Rapid Boot BIOS setting in your BIOS then it will shorten the time to boot your system. Actually it skips all the unnecessary tests, running several tasks at a same time following by removing the redundant code and removing unnecessary legacy features. And if this feature has been disabled then your BIOS will boot up normally by considering all the above mentioned things.