Thread: DP55KG BIOS & Memory Errors

DP55KG BIOS & Memory Errors

I am unable to run more than 2 GB of memory on my computer having Intel DP55KG desktop board installed on it. Everytime I try to insert more memory and then install Windows, I get the message that it is not possible. The weird part is that I can insert more RAM after Windows has installed but then I am left with BSODs. I have went through memory test but nothing solves the problem. What can this problem be related to?

Re: DP55KG BIOS & Memory Errors

This might be due to the memory fault may be it is not compatible with your motherboard or so. I am using the same motherboard with G.SKILL 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM and never had such kind of problem while using it. It may also be due to some voltage between those memory modules which is why you are getting bluescreen.

That is certainly RAM fault. I am using Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM and never had any problem. Check its compatibility or refer the Intel website. Also check if the correct RAM slots are used and do check if the slot is not damaged. Sometime you are not able to use more RAM modules because of either dust or the slot itself is dead.

There are couple of recommendations for this. First check you have latest BIOS version. Some older BIOS will not support more RAM. Some memory requires 1.65 volts at 1600 MHz and this creates an issue if your motherboard doesn't provide so much of power. Check it and fiddle with your settings to solve the problem.

It seems to be some boot sector virus which has infected your BIOS firmware. All you can do is flash your bios to remove the infection. For this use either USB/Flash device or floppy drive (recommended). Later on after install the OS, you can have some good antivirus software which can prevent you with such kind of infection in the future.

Ok so you think its bios or ram slot issue. But then how can I have ram installed after Windows installation? Moreover, when I boot into Windows, I can hear a single beep followed by the black screen, again a single beep then the splash screen and then Windows screen. So this clearly indicates that Windows is not loading at the very first time, something happens and then system reboots.