Thread: Issues with Acer Aspire 4740G EFI/BIOS

Issues with Acer Aspire 4740G EFI/BIOS

I am having one issue with the laptop of mine. I am having Acer Aspire 4740G device in which the BIOS is showing the Intel NX DISABLED. I have checked other devices also but they are not showing the same enabled. I am using the Windows XP into the system and unable to resolve the same. If any one is having the knowledge about the same then please let me know about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Issues with Acer Aspire 4740G EFI/BIOS

I think you should visit the Acer service center for the issue you are going through as this seems to be the issue with the device and it is better to fix it by the developer of then program. So if you can then go through the same and see whether it is working or not. I hope this will resolve the problem with the help of the Service team.

Execute Disable Bit is a hardware-based security feature that can reduce exposure to viruses and malicious-code attacks and prevent harmful software from executing and propagating on the server or network. Help protect your customers business assets and reduce the need for costly virus-related repairs by building systems with built-in Intel Execute Disable Bit2. Find out more about the Execute Disable Bit functionality.

It is better to ask about the same with the help of Intel. As this is the technology of the Intel and they are having the knowledge about the disabling and working of the same. So if you can then go through the same and see whether you are getting any thing working with the same. Also let me know about the response of the Intel regarding this.

I will advise you to go through the BIOS setting and make it enable. Just go to the processor option and enable the same. Processor option you will find in BIOS> Advance Setting. Enabling of the same will easily resolve the issue with the same. So try this out and see whether your issue getting resolve or not.

If all the above is not working for you and you have not yet got this thing working then i will advise you to reinstall the version of the OS into the system. Just install the fresh copy of the Windows into the system and then might be you will get the device of yours working with the issue. So try this out and work with the issue.