Thread: Intel D510MO Desktop Board AHCI Driver

Intel D510MO Desktop Board AHCI Driver

Well I think that this is the biggest problem till date that I have come across this day. I am running the Windows XP on the system and I had no problem working with that thing till I updated for the desktop board. I bought the Intel D510MO Desktop Board but know the problem is that it cannot detect the hard disk of the system. Is there a way by which I can get through it? I have heard about the AHCI drivers but I do not have a clear idea about this thing. Can anyone here tell me something in this respect?

Re: Intel D510MO Desktop Board AHCI Driver

The Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) is a host controller interface defined by Intel for the functioning of Serial ATA host bus adapters. AHCI enables not only software developers but also hardware designers a standard way for detection, configuration and programming SATA / AHCI adapters. AHCI is different from the SATA 3 GB/s standard, even though it represents SATA's advanced capabilities. Advanced capabilities such that host systems can utilize them. Hope you had something for the AHCI drivers.

I do not think that you will be needing the AHCI drivers if you want you can switch to the Windows 7 and I am sure that you will get the things done for you. In my case I am using Windows 7 and I have seen that when it is Windows 7 then there is no requirement for the drivers at all. If you can then I would suggest you to switch for the Windows 7 and experience the power of the new Operating System Windows 7.

I am also having somewhat similar issue or I can say that related issue. Well I am having a lot of problem with installing the Windows XP on the D510MO Desktop Board. The problem is that when I go and enable the AHCI mode in BIOS setup it fails to detect the hard disk. As far as I know I think it is a driver problem. Now the problem is that I do not have the drivers for the SATA. Where can I find the SATA drivers for installing Windows? Can anyone tell about this?

If at all you want the AHCI drivers then you can get this from the official website of the Desktop Board. Now I cannot help it at this moment. If you want you can get it officially. I do not have the drivers at this moment. Although what xanix suggested is of worth I guess. I would suggest you to go to the tech support of the Intel and I think that they are the one that can help you get of the issue that you are talking here.

Go to the official website of the Intel and get the latest drivers for the Desktop Board. I do not think that you should go for the AHCI drivers at all. You should allow the drivers of the Desktop Board to make a way for you. I would have done the same thing instead of switching to the AHCI drivers. Also if that does not work then you can go with the clean installation of the operating system, format the drives then install the operating system. Sometimes the clean installation can do the trick.