Thread: Intel DX58SO - Hard Disk

Intel DX58SO - Hard Disk

I have recently decided to get an assembled desktop for me. At first I came up with the Mother Board and I thought of getting the Intel DX58SO for me. Now I have started with the specification, now I want you all to help me out with the further specifications of it. I want to know what will be the processor that I should go with this Mother Board. Also in addition to this I would also like to suggest me the hard drives that will help me.

Re: Intel DX58SO - Hard Disk

Regarding the hard drives I think you should go with the Intel Solid State Drive acronym SSD. If you want to keep your system on the performance board then I think you should go with the Intel SSD 160 gig for the operating system and for the storage I think that 1 TB of the storage will be more than sufficient. If at all you are thinking of getting the RAID disk then I would like to tell you all that SSD will definitely throw the RAID well behind.

Thanks for the response. I am happy to get the quick reply for me. I was thinking to get two X25m plus one X25-E. Will this work. Also I would be interested to know about the RAID. Though I did not mention it in the last post of mine but I will be happy to get some information on this thing. Also I am waiting for the processor that I can use with or is compatible with the motherboard. Hope that you will come up with the solutions soon.

If you want some more regarding the RAID then let me start with the basic. There are in all 7 RAID levels and the full form of the RAID is Redundant Array of Independent Disks. RAID 0 is with block-level striping but does not have parity or mirroring on the other hand Raid 1 is with mirroring but without parity or striping. Change came to be seen from the RAID 2. It had bit-level striping with dedicated Hamming-code parity. RAID 3 and RAID 4 had byte-level striping along with the dedicated parity and RAID 5 has block-level striping but with distributed parity and at the top RAID 6 has block-level striping with double distributed parity. Hope that you will be content with this information.

I am here to give the processor that you all needed for this motherboard. I think it will be fine to go with the Core i5 or Core i7. Anything from this will be fine. In the series of the core i7 there are many series. If you want you can see the I7-980X, I7-975, I7-965, I7-960, I7-950, I7-940, I7-930, I7-920, I7-970, E5540, E5530 and E5520. The entire thing with this is that they all are compatible with the Intel DX58SO mother board.