Thread: Why is my processor speed slower than it should be?

Why is my processor speed slower than it should be?

I have an Intel Pentium Dual processor which is supposed to be at 2.4 GHz but when I ran a system check to play Sims 3 (it keeps crashing) it says that it is only 2.39 GHz! Please any advice is appreciated my Sims 3 keeps crashing my computer and it is very frustrating. Everything else on my computer meets the requirements except for the CPU speed. Thank you.
    Last edited by Vigil.M; 06-10-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: No external links allowed

Re: Why is my processor speed slower than it should be?

The minimum hardware requirement to run Sims 3 is atleast 1GB RAM and 2.0GHZ of P4 cpu. This is actually more than enough to run the game. Now it depends which version of game you are playing and also what is the operating system. If the game is a pirated version then crashing is possible due to corrupt files you have downloaded. Try to update your video drives and then check back.

Re: Why is my processor speed slower than it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by alb3rt View Post
    I have an Intel Pentium Dual processor which is supposed to be at 2.4 GHz but when I ran a system check to play Sims 3 (it keeps crashing) it says that it is only 2.39 GHz! Please any advice is appreciated my Sims 3 keeps crashing my computer and it is very frustrating. Everything else on my computer meets the requirements except for the CPU speed. Thank you.
    CPU frequency is never fixed to a constant value. I mean it can variate +-2Mhz. Download CPU-Z (search it on google) and check if the frequency of your CPU is stable. You will see that small variations of 1-2 Mhz happen constantly. Apparently the game crashes for another reason and not because your CPU runs at 2.39 GHz. Reinstalling or updating the game to the latest patches or updating your drivers may fix the problem.