Thread: What is High Density RAM and Low Density RAM?

What is High Density RAM and Low Density RAM?

I am new to the hardware parts. I have been given an assignment to describe the High Density and Low Density Ram. But I am not knowing anything about it. In short, that there are differences between the two types of banks ram? The cost difference is the first ... on the popular online auction site high density ones cost about half of the other ... but then what? There are physical differences between the two types of counter? I read a little on the forum, but I have not done a very clear idea, unfortunately. So I thought that after posting here, I will get some information from you members. Please tell me in details about the topic. Since I am newbie, I am expecting that you will explain me the basic concepts also. I am eagerly waiting for your replies.

Re: What is High Density RAM and Low Density RAM?

From my computer skills I can say the following:

At higher level there are basically two types of ram DRAM and SRAM. The DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory) are given in volatile RAM has a large capacity, are cheaper and, being very spacious, they are also equipped with a lower speed. The SRAM (Static Random Access Memory) are STATIC RAM. Are usually used as cache memory as they have a very high speed but are more expensive and have less space. However, there are also other types of RAM:
    • The SDRAM (Sycronous Dynamic Random Access Memory) are the type of DIMMs that are used in the Pentium PC.
    • The DDR SDRAM (Sycronous Dynamic Random Access Memory Double Data Rate) are a different type of SDRAM.

Personally as far as I know you know that the motherboard already has a cache of his staff. This encourages people to buy RAM Type DRAM therefore have a lower rate of access, but much more space. But you must calculate the SRAM cache has a higher than that already on your PC. Usually we try to encourage people to switch between the two types of memory to the point of covering the flaws of a type of memory with the qualities of the other. Remember to check if your motherboard can accept the type of memory you want to buy as pot freshers incurring bad purchases and holding sticks of ram then unusable. The technical details of the mother board you mentioned is what kind of RAM you can enter or if there are slots for different types of ram.

You should keep the following three points in mind :
    1. TECHNOLOGY: The first thing you mentioned is that the ram must be supported with a frequency of DDR 266/333 Mbps. E-type DIMM (so you'll have a pentium ... I have not looked at the cards in your motherboard ... go for what you said above). Since DIMM type, you throw yourself on the SDRAM. The slot of your motherboard accept pin number equal to 184. Do not take RAM with different number of pins, your card does not recognize them. They also need a data bus of 64 bits.
    2. TOTAL SIZE: You can upload an infinite amount of RAM on a motherboard. Here we will inform you that your RAM can support a quantity ranging from 128 MB to 2 GB. And that memories should be of a DDR-SDRAM (SO THESE ARE THE RAM YOU NEED).
    3. Granularity: you indicate which parts are supported by your motherboard. That is the amount of RAM that a ram slot on your motherboard can support. The amount of your are 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 or 1024 MB. This allows you to mount 2 SDRAM and 1 GB maximum rate specified under the heading TOTAL SIZE.

So for better performance than you should have the following:
    RAM: DDR-SDRAM
    Data bus: 64 bit
    Frequency: 266/333 Mbps
    Quantity: 2 banks of DDR / SDRAM 1 GB (for a total of 2 GB)
    Number of Pins: 184 pin.

I hope I have healed your fill of RAM However for any other questions please ask.

First, thanks for the concern and explained very explanatory ... my problem is that neither the manual nor in other parts refer to high or low density ram for the ... then I do not know which way to turn ... in fact, going to look on the popular auction site on-line I find sellers who have both types of ram .... logically with different prices between them ... I read in other posts that the difference between low and high density can be seen from the number of chips that are on the bench .. that is, high = chip on one side only, low = chip on both sides of the bench ... I confirm this thing?

The discussion about the difference between High and Low Density RAM has little to do with the differences between SRAM and SDRAM. To determine whether your RAM High or Low Density should open the PC, remove the RAM from its slot and check how many chips are mounted on them. What I see ... you have a bench 256 .... for the 256MB RAM if we find a configuration you 4chip High Density 4-64M chip. However, if there are 8 chip, you have a configuration with Low Density 8chip 32m. Identification of High and Low Density varies depending on the size of RAM.
    In general:
    256MB RAM:
    64M x 4chips (High Density)
    32M x 8 chips (Low Density)

512MB RAM:
    64M x 8chips on a single face (High Density)
    32M x 16chips, 8 per side (Low Density)

1GB RAM:
    128M x 4chips (High Density)
    64M x 8chips (Low density)

high density ones cost about half of the other
    This is because the high density models are less efficient than low density and very often lead to incompatibility with certain motherboards, especially older ones. The Low Density are 100% compatible with each motherboard, High Density number.

I find myself with two sticks of ram, the first of which has chips on both sides (8 front and 8 rear) while the second has only the front (8 chips)! I seem to understand that when I have both types of ram!! I want some more information about this query. I am sure that you members will continue to help.

It means that you have a bench 16x16 32x8 .... and another one is the density and the second is high density. This means that your motherboard supports both standards. If there is a problem, take the low density that even though they cost more, ensure compability with any motherboard and they work even better. The high density are in a sense, the difference of the production of Low Density.