Thread: Using Intel Fortran Compiler 11.1 for Mac OS X with Xcode 3.2

Using Intel Fortran Compiler 11.1 for Mac OS X with Xcode 3.2

I want to make setup of Intel Fortran Compiler 1.1 for MAC OS X with xcode 3.2 I read the explanations written in the getting started guide that got with the compiler are for Xcode versions before than 3, because from step 3 on, the explanations do not match: You must first create or choose an existing Xcode* project. These orders suppose you are making a fresh project: Launch Xcode in the Developer > Applications folder. Choose New Project from the File menu.When the New Project Assistant window appears, select a project under Command Line Utility. Double-click the target you want to change in the Target group under the Groups & Files list. Click Rules in the Target Info window. Click the + button at the bottom, left-hand corner of the Target Info window, to add a new rule. From the new Rule section, choose FORTRAN source files using Intel R FORTRAN Compiler. Look at the Building Applications with Xcode* section in the compiler documentation for more information about using the compiler with the Xcode integrated development environment. I will be grateful for to get similar orders to set the compiler up with Xcode 3.2.

Re: Using Intel Fortran Compiler 11.1 for Mac OS X with Xcode 3.2

I read your problem dear. And found the solution of your query. Here one simple suggestion is there that shows that rules tab can be found by double clicking on the recently distinct aim could have been helpful here. I also not familiar about this rule tab very much. Therefore I think so the instruction given in the Intel getting started manual guide will be absolutely applicable to Xcode 3.2.

I am running Mac laptop and desktop with xcode 3.2 and I have some problem to addressing run log window. So I want to know that where “run log window” is is locating in Xcode 3.2? as you compare it with Intel complier user and reference guide file:///opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/080/Documentation/en_US/compiler_f/com.intel.compilers.ifort.docset/Contents/Resources/Documents/ifort/doc_files/index.htm. Some option appears in this window, but I am not able to locate its address. “Building Application with the Xcode IDE";"Running the Executable", Running the Executable; all this options are available in run log window only. So if anyone has any kind of solution please provided me.

Hey I have solution of your query. You can find this window very easily. You have to go on Xcode options bar and on the top of the screen, under Run – console. Here you will find needy window easily. And also I have one question also about compiler. When I choose complier in Xcode 3.2, it shows me one message “"Intel Fortran Compiler 11.1 (Limited Feature)". What is this? Am I getting this error message because I am using student version? Please give me solution I am waiting for your feedback.

I was also feeling same as u are feeling here because I was also using student version on my machine. But then I searched for the solution on the internet and found that you are getting this error because of Xcode limitation. They show it because the FORTRAN integration into Xcode is not whole due to limits in Xcode. For instance, it does not recognize module dependencies and you cannot begin the Intel debugger from within Xcode.

My answer is NO and about student license, u can use same feature as in the commercial license. This “Limited Feature” tag is used to note some functional limitations exist with the compiler's integrations under Xcode. This kind of restriction is the handling of modules and the present inability to determine the essential collection order. At present, users must order source files under the target according to the USE order in their source to ensure the required .mod files are present as source for the associated target is compiled. There are limitations also with debugging FORTRAN under the Xcode interface and the underlying debugger, gdb, and its understanding of some FORTRAN source. One also cannot integrate the Intel Debugger (idb) with Xcode

You should use the Intel debugger through the command line under a terminal window. You will not see Graphic user interface (GUI). You will find the debugger with command “/usr/bin/idb” should refer to the latest IDB version installed on your system, but it’s possibly safest to open the terminal window and then "source" the ifortvars.sh setup script first for the Intel compiler you have installed. Address of script is under : /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/080/bin and you must provide deither an ia32 or intel64 argument depending o your system’ processor. I I expect the latter is what you want. This is the process: open the terminal window. Execute: /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/08/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64 and change directory where you executable is available. And now Execute: idb <your executable

I was using Intel Fortran complier on my windows XP computer but last week I purchased Mac pro notebook. It’s working very well but I am facing problem for installing Intel Fortran complier on my laptop. I have tried a lot to installing it but it’s not working. May be I was making some wrong steps. So if anybody knows about the legal steps that how to make it install, please inform me. I have become tired by doing search for it?

You know I am also searching for it from last one month everyday but still I do not have some proper information. I am completely agreed with you that src/st/mem/pil_loadablefileformatMachO.C:1780 is an IDB related file/location of where the assert occurred. I am still unknown that who is causing this problem and also I do not understand that do I have any solution to avoid this problem. Now I have only one option to call IDB developer to see that they have any solution to avoid this problem. As soon as possible I will update here when I will found the solution.