Thread: amd athlon 64 vs. intel centrino

amd athlon 64 vs. intel centrino

I am using AMD Athlon™LE-16402700 processor. But here I want to know some of the information from you guys. I want to know the difference in the performance between athlon 64 3200+ and Pentium centrino 1.7 GHz. They are similar in which performance and how they are different in their performance. Overall I want complete information that who is dominating other. And if you can then please also tell me about the differences between the athlon 64 3200+ and athlon 64 3000+? And here this is the only processor speed?

Re: amd athlon 64 vs. intel centrino

I got this information from one of the magazine that is digit. In that they told that centrino 1.7GHz amusingly lose to 3200+ A64 easy. And newly put a 2.0 GHz centrino close to 3000+ A64 chip just to to achieve some good number of benches. In other one i.e. A64 3200+ and 3000+ they are just little bit different in their CPU speed. In the centrino it offer the more battery life than the A64. And 1.7 GHz is not like you can also say that it not weak since it is comparable to 3000+ A64 for the most of the benches.

As much I know that there is no any Pentium centrino chip. Because I have never heard about this. So there is no any comparison like question. So I think here is that you will not able to compare these two and it is really do not matter how hard you try related to this. This day you cannot gets wireless networking. I think that you are looking for the A64 vs a Pentium-M processor. And I just want to tell you that I even not bother to make any comparison. Here actually it is very difficult to get two comparable boards. In my opinion it would be better to consider a P4-M instead of the AMD.

What are you telling dude. Are you sleeping from a year or what because centrino is released one year back? Just update yourself. Why it is not possible to compare between these processor? And can you tell me here is that what is the need of wireless networking in the comparison. Otherwise I think you are just trying to become smarty or you really do not know about the Pentium-M.

I really sorry about this because from a year I am very busy in my project after seeing your post immediately I have search regarding this and yes you were right there is like one year has gone for Pentium centrino. I have given the wrong information regarding the thread. So for that also I am really sorry. From next time I will take care of all these things.

I am also using AMD athlon processor from last one year. And here I just want to share my experience and it is very good with this processor. One of my uncle is using this Pentium centrino but he is not able to get that much of speed as I get in my processor so I just want to tell you that just go for the AMD athlon 64. But ya you just go for this only if you want my opinion then only otherwise it is OK.

Pentium m is nothing like the P4. Here it is more os a P3 Tualatin. If you take performance wise then P3 outperformed the P4 at the higher clock speed. And it is not get so much of power because it is short pipelined that is the reason it is perform great. And this is the only Intel CPU which is good in my knowledge. If you want then you can watch out for the Intel integrated graphics 855 chipsets.

In the centrino they have used so much of technologies rather than the specific product. Here I want to confirm that is a low power processor coupled with wireless networking and a specially designed motherboard? And one more thing you can do test A64 system against a centrino system but actually it is pointless because one is mean for the High processing control and the additional is deliberately intended at extended battery life over processing power.