Thread: "CPU fan isn't running" But that is what it does!

"CPU fan isn't running" But that is what it does!

I have recently changed my processor and a fan socket of my motherboard. Put in a fan post, bootup the computer and get a message that says "CPU fan Is not running". Moreover there's an annoying alert sound. But I can see that the fan is working absolutely find. So what can I do to solve this?

Re: "CPU fan isn't running" But that is what it does!

It may occur possibly because it might expect fan speed to be above a certain RPM threshold. If you look under PC Health Status when your computer starts, check the speed of the fan? If you go to "Power Management Features" page and look at "CPU Critical Temperature". In general, if the CPU temperature reaches the upper limit preset in this setting, the warning mechanism gets enabled by default in order to prevent CPU overheating problem.

You processor temperature has increased a lot and so you are getting this message. There can be several reasons for the same including dust, no fan or its connection is loose, your fan is unable to provide enough cooling to your CPU. Remove the dust add an additional fan inside your case, or even make a note of CPU fan speed. Also check if the heat sink and fan are installed properly near the cpu.

I think it is the sensor that is either not connected properly or is damaged. It is most often a yellow or white wire for the signal. Some motherboard probably is equipped with a fan outlet to detect if the CPU fan runs, or if it draws enough power to register? Anyway, just turn off the alarm about it in the bios.

No, I plugged it into CFAN1. I turned off the alarm, and so thanks for the tip.

And I didn't had too many pins to choose from, and I think I chose the same as I've used before. I also had a PSFAN1 pin there, but it goes well for PSUs, and googling the CFAN1 suggest that it goes to the CPU...