Thread: Problem with Core i5 750

Problem with Core i5 750

Today I installed the old but beautiful game "Scarface." Because Windows 7 is not compatible to get it going I went to System Configuration - boot - advanced options and I put number of processor 1 to make it work. Actually to restart the game it worked again but when I went to change the number of processors the only choice left was 1 and not 2, 3, 4 or more. How can I change this value? I tried some games like dirt 2 but it is very jerky. I have a cpu meter gadget. With the first use, I was always about 10-25% when idle but now my game did not start until it reaches 60-70%. So I would like to return back with 4 processors as before, but I can not still change the value ............. why?

Re: Problem with Core i5 750

I think you did a great thing by disabling the core! Run the game in compatibility mode. Right click on the game setup, select Properties and then "Run this program in compatibility mode window xp". This had happened to me once a while when I modified those parameters, and at last I had to format it to restore the functions of the cpu.

I tried to run it in xp compatibility mode but it was of no help. Now what do I do? Should I format it too? Isn't there a way to get back 4 cores? Also how about if I try to repair my Windows installation? Will this help? Actually, this will help me as I will not have to install all the software that I have it now.

Try removing the check mark from "number of processors." If you do not delete the selection, choose the option to initiate a special choice, ie a processor. Just remove or disable uploading. Then check with CPUZ to test the difference between 1 or 4.

Now, after few hours, I turned on the computer and like magic msconfig has all 4 processors active below the bar. However they are white and not transparent like windows 98. When I open the windows the same thing, no audio signal along with an error. I can not help to restore problem of incompatibility. No time connection error.... but what the hell happened? Do you also think that there's some virus? Even if it seems strange I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2011