Thread: Continuous Beep from prime95

Continuous Beep from prime95

I have recently purchased a core i7 system. I installed all the required parts including operating system and everything was working fine , but as soon as i tried prime95 to get a baseline before I begin overclocking instantly a continues beep sound came, I was scared for a second but the computer was not crashed it just beeps. Can anyone help.
    Last edited by Dakshina; 13-09-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Re: Continuous Beep from prime95

This is the problem that normally a computer has to be gone though.This not a big worry that such sound come to hear. Normally continuous beep is a sign of missing RAM. If the RAM is not available in the CPU such sounds are tend to come. Just check with your RAM slots whether the RAM is pulled out of it or it is totally missing, If the ram is properly placed and still the sound comes than just replace your ram it has some problem.

It could be a heat problem. When heat increases in the system or in the cabinet and as the temperature rises the system slows down and eventually crashes and than it may lead to a continuous beep. This heat problem can be solved by replacing the CPU fans or replacing the older thermal paste with the new one.It will reduce the heat and hope your system will run smoothly.

It seems to me that you might have some problem regarding oxidation on your RAM. Switch off the machine open up the cabinet case and now what you have to do is just remove the RAM from its slot and use a eraser to rub off the oxidation please make sure that you are always grounded while you are removing and inserting the ram because the RAM is highly sensitive to electric static which flows through our body.