Thread: CPU beeps on start up

CPU beeps on start up

I facing a problem regarding my CPU as I started my CPU it started to beeps makes a beeping sound when I switched on the CPU but motherboard fans start, but there is no display on the monitor. After that I switched off the CPU and again switch it on. Even the same problem occurs, If you have any idea regarding this please give me detail.
    Last edited by Tamkinath; 13-09-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Re: CPU beeps on start up

I think you face this kind of error when you have not used your computer for long time or particularly after the monsoon, I give you advice to remove all the connectors from the CPU and also remove the cover of the CPU. There is a single knob like screw, which can be easily removed by hand. Remove the dust using compressed air. Remove the RAM from the memory slot, remove all the dust and reseat it again. Remove all dust from the computer slot also, so that proper contact is made between the RAM card and the PCB. . In most cases, the problem is solved at this stage. If it still persists, a part may have got damaged

There is several reason of beeping the CPU if you get beeps it means that your computer is failed to Power on Self Test because a problem was detected. The power on self test is a process that tests some components such as BIOS, CPU, memory, and video. Sometimes it nearly all possible a RAM problem .I have some information on beeping from that you can make it out what kind of problem does your computer is facing.
    1. 1-2-2: a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information.
    2. 1 long, 2 short: it is a sign of Video adapter error which occurs on bad or improperly seated video card.
    3. Recurring beeps: it is a sign of Memory error which occur on bad or improperly seated RAM.
    4. 1 long, 3 short: it is a sign of Bad video RAM or video card not present.
    5. High-frequency beeps: It is a signal of Overheated CPU for that you Check fans.
    6. Recurring high/low beeps: It is a signal that indicates CPU is improperly seated or defective CPU.

I have gone through your question, occurring beeps on start up sometimes if you add a new piece of hardware. It might be faulty or not installed right, Remove it and then try again. I suggest you to try to reinstall it and configure the hardware again. If still problem occurs then remove every component but CPU, memory, keyboard, and video card and then boot again. Put the entire component one by one and try t make it out which component causes problem. If also that does not help that means you could have bad motherboard.

I have search regarding your issue. I think its problem with motherboard or with processor. In the case of motherboard if it is not receiving the proper power to get the processor start working, the same beep occurs. And case of processor if it is not seated and fan is not properly fixed the same beep comes. I suggest you to try to refit processor and fan.
    Last edited by Russell; 13-09-2010 at 12:52 PM.