Thread: New motherboard refuses to detect drives

New motherboard refuses to detect drives

I have purchased a brand new computer . It is working well but there is fact that i cant neglect that It can not boot properly. Recently i tried to install a new windows over it . But Unfortunately, no matter what I do, it just won't seem to recognize that drive or boot from it. It goes straight to booting from the hard disk — and yes, I told it to boot from CD/DVD-ROM first in the BIOS.
    What should I do now my BIOS boot order: DVD, HDD, Floppy.

Re: New motherboard refuses to detect drives

I think it depends on what brand of mother board you use . Although such type of problems can be solved. first of all you have to use 80 wire IDE ribbon cable most have a blue end that goes into the motherboard socket, gray connector in the center for the DVD drive(Slave), black on the other end for the hard drive(Master) you can set the the drive jumpers to C/S(Cable Select) or set the hard drive to master and DVD drive to slave using the jumpers on the drives.

In such Type of cases the Hard disk should be dynamically auto detected when the system is booted. But the system fails to do so rather hangs the boot process at the stage where the IDE drive should be auto detected, or it says that there is no disk connected (possibly after a long pause while it searches for the device). To solve such problems One possibility is that the BIOS settings to enable boot-time auto-detection are not correct. If the settings are correctly entered, then there is a problem either with the hard disk or with its connection to the hard disk controller or motherboard.

To solve this you have to make sure the IDE connection on the hard drive doesn't have bent pins, either. Depending on your motherboard, it may want different jumper settings than other motherboards. Perhaps you should try setting your hard drive from Master to Cable Select, or vise-versa. The jumper settings depends on the motherboard to motherboard so if possible make changes in the jumpers and try it out check how it reacts. And reply me the result whether it worked or not.

what is the problem you are facing tell me and what is the motherboard series of you pc

It almost sounds like an incompatibility between your two drives hers an idea. Set your boot hard drive as the primary master Set the Max tor as the secondary master and your CD ROM as the secondary slave the only jumper you will have to change is the one on your CD ROM to make it go from master to slave and make sure both your primary and secondary masters are on the ends of the ribbon cable, the Slave should connect at the middle connector I have seen this clear up this kind of problem I hope this gets you going.

It may happen that when you try to access your drives motherboard won’t allow you to do so. Rather it will display an error message box saying that drive not found. In such type of cases you have to check whether the hard drives pins are bent or not. Or the HDD pins are slotted properly in the HDD slot. Also go through the jumpers settings only if are aware to it.