Thread: XPS M1330 is not turning on: motherboard or GPU failure

XPS M1330 is not turning on: motherboard or GPU failure

My XPS will not turn anymore, and I do not know what to do. Last night was something strange, because the fan continues to run, much more than usual, and then this morning trying to turn it on: nothing is happening. HD do not feel it turning, and the screen stays black and then gradually see vertical lines that appear gradually until they fill the whole screen turns completely white. I am not an expert related to this thing but I think that this problem is related to motherboard or GPU.

Re: XPS M1330 is not turning on: motherboard or GPU failure

I know these symptoms very well vertical lines screen I am familiar with this kind of scenario. If you have a video card nvidia 8 series, then you facing this problem because of this graphic card. You could start the diagnostics to see if, as I think I will be the video card is fried. I am sure that this will help you to find the solution for the problem that you are facing.

A few days ago I had the same problem. Computer system is not displaying anything but the vertical lines. Then I have run diagnostics start pressing FN but nothing after I turned off and on but revise magic boot logo, so I decide to redo the diagnosis and it all ends ok! Especially when I made the graphic test and asked me if I saw the colors then scored the step as PASSED. That means that my GPU is not fried.

I joined a very short and I also have a dell xps 1330 with the same card. I am also experiencing the same problems in video lines and restart not working is there any way to find the solution for this problem or simply replace the video card. But before investing money for this thing it will be better to find the solution, if there is any.

Your XPS1330 mount the 8400M GS? Vertical lines on the screen are typical symptoms of the problems with the video RAM. If you're still under warranty, do not waste time and contact Dell support and just ask them to replace the system that you are have but if your system is not under warranty period then it is the time get a new system for yourself.

The lines are vertical but the substance must be that, another thing that happens is that when I do a restart, for example after an update, the computer does not start and the screen for recovery or safe mode , forced shutdown with the key off and turn back on the restart to give an error (blue screen). The warranty is now expired, but I have no idea whether we can replace the video card, not a particularly versed in the field.

If the warranty has expired, the solutions are two:
    1. Renewal of the guarantee: Dell does renew the warranty, even if it expired six months or one year. Obviously, being an extended warranty will be considered a continuation.

2. Buying new video card on ebay (or other e-shops) and assembling the new video card itself. Having a modest 8400M GS, do not spend much, you must get that within a feasible amount. The operation is not difficult. there is a Service Manual for the official released from Dell Inspiron 9400, full explanations, complete with illustrations, legends, etc.