Thread: Asus G73JH-A1 & i7-920XM Problem

Asus G73JH-A1 & i7-920XM Problem

I am using the Asus notebook since last two years. I have Asus G73JH-A1 laptop and the chip is i7-920XM. Now I want to upgrade my chip set from i7-920XM to i7-920XMs. But the problem is my motherboard is not accepting the the i7-920XMs. Why is this problem occurs is it due to that i updated the BIOS to v.206. so I'm a little confused what the problem is. Did I miss something here? let me know what you think.

re: Asus G73JH-A1 & i7-920XM Problem

If you had a failed attempt don't bother. This problem can be solved easily only by doing some few things and checking. Check whether the chip set is still in CPU socket or not.If the chip is there in the socket than it is good. If it is not in the chip then you might have to go back. You might have to again start the installation and this time you have to take care of each and every thing you are doing. The installation should be done very carefully.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Re: Asus G73JH-A1 & i7-920XM Problem

The problem is not the processor of your notebook. You need to reassemble the laptop. This the problem due to the ram under the keyboard. you have to do is just replace the ram under the keyboard. After that start the laptop. It may be due to bad cpu and simple ES too which is not supporting the new BIOS setting.

As you are having the problem with your processor which is not accepted by your mother board.This the problem which occurred due to change made in the memory controller. I t is not due to the changes in the processor.You can troubleshoot this problem easily. But the condition is that you should not use the accessible memory slot. After this disconnect all the power support and hold the Power button down for minimum 20 seconds. try doing this.

so it is not possible to upgrade the previous processor with the new one. Actually i have done all the Ideas and the suggestions by all of you. But not worked. Is there any possibility to have this one in the laptop if not than why they took off this one as the most compatible processor. Means there is no way to use this processor with this laptop. If yes then suggest me I need to upgrade with i7-920XM and all 8gb. pleas help me in this.

I will suggest you to have a powerful psu. For this Targus is the best option. You may having the problem with your slots which are inaccessible after replacing the processor. So you have to check out that the CPU again. Reset your memory module it should be the first thing to do. If it fails after changing the processor boot you processor.