Thread: Asus G1S failure: GPU or Backlight

Asus G1S failure: GPU or Backlight

I have an Asus G1S. I was using Linux at the beginning and I had the idea to reinstall vista (with CD included) to make a multiboot. The relocation went well. When I arrived at my office, vista me of course all applications Asus launched in the notification area, and Asus live update, which suggested I do a bios update. But at the end of download asus live update, the program tells me to restart and kindly remember to enter the bios setup and make the update. I then tested Load factory defaults and it changes nothing. The pc does good start in safe mode without failure or network support, but not in normal mode.
    Is something problem with GPU or Backlight ? Does someone can help me?

Re: Asus G1S failure: GPU or Backlight

The Asus G1, 15 inches dedicated to the game, such as the G1S has been improved and evolved over current technologies. CPU Intel T7500 and a Geforce 8600M GT can play DirectX 10 games, and impresses with a huge performance gain. Besides the ports behind the housing such as the G1S is already tested Asus G1. So, these issues are common. The design of the Asus G1 is very close to that of the Asus G2P, which is the 17-inch gaming laptop that because the entrenchment colored right and left are left to rot.

However, the G1 is not devoid of color. The identification of G1 color is green, more precisely, a very pale green. This color is used in part for the keyboard, but also for the webcam and flashing lights on the corners of the screen. According to the pub, these are supposed to boost the flash player (they are coupled with the lighting of DX9). You can say it. Aggressiveness is increased by the flashes, but we doubt that this is useful for playing games.

The less stable, but still quite stable part of the G1 is its shell screen. especially in the center of the back, the shell can be folded with nothing but a slight pressure. This shows that only the external hinges supporting the screen actually, this suggests that the center hinge is there to hide the connection. The screen can be positioned with minimal effort with a little game anyway. Even closed, the screen vibrates slightly. Because the cabinet becomes thinner on the sides and front, most ports are located behind and on the right side near the rear. The number and type of ports provided is passable. At the scene of a DVI portis provided on the G1, the G1S is now provided with an HDMI port, which can be used as a DVI port through an adapter. Interface S-ATA external avail.

The only weakness found on the Asus G1 is the Intel 945 chipset, which induces an average performance. The new edition of its gaming notebook the G1S uses Santa Rosa technology and new components and thus the performance has changed significantly. Mainly, two components are responsible for very high marks for performance: First, the T7500 CPU running at 2.2GHz, secondly the powerful Geforce 8600M GT, which overwrites the Geforce 7700 of G1. the benchmark results show a real increase in performance. So, the Asus G1S is for current games.

The problem of thermal envelope does this after a very long time under normal use (with a standard GPU temp). Here even in the G1S GPU temp which is 2x more than what can be found in competitors. The cycle of marketing of a GPU is much shorter than and even if the problem why did he not have corrected the defect of all my repair I always put the same model of chip! The latest models of 8600 are no longer the problem. You have a MacBook Pro with the 8600 crame, it will be replaced by a model that does not burn out. Sort of memory cache built into the motherboard (512K I think), dedicated to accelerating the process so that applications and other 's open more quickly (since the dll, ect. are stored) the more that it is the flash memory. Unfortunately, only compatible Vista.