Thread: Windows 7 - Beeping with Gigabyte Motherboards

Windows 7 - Beeping with Gigabyte Motherboards

Hi all,
    I have some question about my motherboard and I hope someone has correct answer for the issue. whenever I try to boot my PC, it loads Windows 7 and after that it creates a beep sound from the motherboard and it make my computer to freeze. What can be the reason behind this? Thanks for reading this and answering in advance. I am waiting for replies.

Re: Windows 7 - Beeping with Gigabyte Motherboards

This may be caused by the any application that uses the mobo speaker and it is making that speaker to beep. Normally it should send those noise to the sound card. You should check for such application running on your system and end those processes.

I was having the same issue when I start my computer it started beeping with blank screen. It was the problem with the RAM. Here is what I mdid I got the issue solve. Shut down your computer and open the cabinet. Remove your RAM and clean it with a soft eraser. Reinsert it properly in the slot. Boot your computer. This solves my problem and you should also try this.

I have seen this problem in many of my friends computer, There may be different reasons behind this Like RAM, Hard disk etc. But there is one other reason like your keyboard. If you press many of the keys for a long time then you can listen these type of beeps. You should check your keyboard.

This beep may be the for Temp warning setting. This setting is available in your BIOS setting. Or there may be problem with power saving stuff. You can disable power saving stuff. Reboot your system and check that the beep sound is coming or not. Post the result back. Good luck

I searched for power saving setting but I could not find it on i7 machine. I am using GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard. Then also I changed the win 7 power settings to "high performance" and I did not found any beeping sound. But after a few minutes It started beeping again. So I don't think that this is the solution. Please post some other solution.

I think this is a RAM issue. RAM is the main memory of any computer system. When you start your computer then your operating system first loaded into your RAM. After that if you run any program or application then that application is also loaded into your RAM. Just check for your RAM. It may not be inserted properly into the slot or there may be moisture on it, clean it softy. And if doesn’t work then I advise you to change your Ram.