Thread: Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h crackling audio

Satyrs Guest

Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h crackling audio

I have a Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h motherboard. It is having some audio problem. The sound is crackling. I had ran a tool called DPC Latency Checker. It showed me high latency while playing audio. Whenever the latency was high the audio was cracking or else it worked fine. To fix this I has used many sound drivers but nothing worked here. Does anyone has idea about the same how to fix this.

Re: Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h crackling audio

If you have a usb mouse or keyboard then try to move the same on different socket. Also open your system and see that all data cables are properly inserted. Try to move them and change if possible. Check the connection of speaker and headphones. The last thing you can do is update your BIOS. If that also does not work then use a different sound card.

I have a similar motherboard. I had changed the usb ports of the mouse and keyboards but still there was no effect. I changed my speakers tool. This happens only when I try to use EasyTuner6. When I run this the sound goes much bad. But on Windows Media player it stays stable to some point. I had flashed my BIOS and now things went normal. I am preferring to use a sound card now.

If you are going to update your BIOS then I will recommend you to use Q Flash. On my system there was a network issue. I was not able to use internet as the network slot was not functioning well. I run a bios update via Q Flash and the problem is resolved. Download official BIOS release only do not use any third party programs. Empty your expansion slots if you have attached any card to that.

It is correct that most of the hardware issue can be fixed by flashing the BIOS but that is quiet risky. I did this sometime before with QFlash. It is better that you must update the sound drivers first anyhow if that does not fix then keep the bios flashing as the last option only. A sound card can provide you much help here. There are various models available now. Go in Device Manager and run a driver update first.

Try this out. Go go the official site of Gigabyte and then click on Support and Download page. There you can choose your model of motherboard. Select that and then click on the BIOS. Gigabyte will provide you the most recent BIOS for your specific motherboard model. Then boot from a usb drive and update your bios. I will advice you to download any tutorial for that.

Go to Device Manager. For that right click on My Computer > Properties and then go to Hardware. There you can see the tab of Device Manager. In that first uninstall the audio device and then reboot your system. Windows will search for new hardware installed. It is better if you have a live internet connect at that time. Windows will install the drivers for your audio device automatically.