Thread: Cannot set AHCI mode

Cannot set AHCI mode

I bought these new components: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R, Core i5 750, 2x2 GB Corsair DDR3 1600, Licensed Professional x64 Windows 7. The other components were the previous ones, including the three Western Digital hard drive, a 500 GB Caviar Blue System (split into two partitions: C system, primary 100 GB and the remaining space as a logical unit) and 2 Caviar RE 320 GB. I decided to try to activate the mode, to see if the new chip could lead to some improvement, including the purpose of acquiring an SSD. But the problem is that I am able to do that. I do not know what the problem is, but need the solution for the same.

Re: Cannot set AHCI mode

I have downloaded the driver package 9.6.0.1014 Intel 64-bit, I uploaded the folder onto a usb pen and I started up Windows, and once appeared in the list of drives I clicked on "load drivers" I pointed to the folder on the pen leaving the check mark on "Hide incompatible hardware, I appeared the driver" Intel (R) 5 Series Series/3400 SATA AHCI Controller ", I loaded all ok, then I formatted the C partition and ran the installation. You have an idea of why the error?

Tried using the generic driver for Win and then loading the Intel? The fact is that there is a logical partition "before" gives somewhat annoying? Perhaps it should be a blank disc, I do not know, because the Intel driver should work is given as compatible with Windows 764. Honestly you would not like to waste time in IDE mode. I hope you have got the thing that I am trying to convey.

Logical partitions are not the best of life, the primaries would be preferred. However I do not think they influence the system must go to install in another partition. I tend more to the driver is not fully compatible for inclusion in the installation phase. If you have any other solution then this then let me know about that. I will be waiting for the related reply.

I remember long ago it was said that Windows was better to create one primary partition per drive and create them as any other logic, and whatever I never had problems with logical partitions. I remember another detail of the setup tried the other day: partitions and disks were also collected without loading the driver, but once loaded the driver order was amended. If I used the generic driver then there were guarantees that installing the Intel driver then the system does not go out the same context? You should try with older Intel driver.

The configuration program of Vista and newer operating systems [this faq is for Vista, Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2 7] creates a special partition where critical data are stored boot. If your computer multiple disk drives during the installation, the allocation of this partition is determined by the BIOS with a flag "0x80" in the Master Boot Record. To resolve this problem, use the Microsoft driver integrated into the installation DVD, or install the operating system in IDE mode, or even complete the installation with only a single hard drives.

I should have done as suggested by Iron, use the Microsoft driver and load the Intel driver from the operating system is singular that is recommended to install the appropriate drivers (motherboard manual in particular) not considering the scenario of a system with more than a hard disk. However you can always switch from IDE to AHCI with Windows 7 that, just change a value in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet / services / msahci, you must change the value "Start" from "3" "0 "Close the registry editor, reboot, enter bios, set the AHCI mode and the next reboot will load the Microsoft AHCI driver, and after a second reboot should be done to load the AHCI driver of the chipset manufacturer.