Thread: Possible issues with Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3

Possible issues with Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3

I have just bought the Gigabyte motherboard GA-P55A-UD3 from ebay site. Since 14h00 we connected everything correctly and a problem persists namely: fast short beeps which correspond to a problem of this power are the ignition. I have not done any kind of troubleshooting for this because before trying for anything I just want to confirm that it will be better to do that or not. Because this is under warranty period and I can replace that thing with the new one.

Re: Possible issues with Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3

Do not focus on LED phase, they are for indication only, to see the numbers of floors of active power on the motherboard. This is used only for overclockers and by cons exist for each LED diagnostic elements (RAM, PCI, etc), that one should light in the immediate post bios, then go off, if one stays on the spot and must see the manual how it fits (or directly on the CM, it is marked)

According to the characteristics of your motherboard has 4 DIMM DDR3. Then you must change your DDR2 memory for DDR3.This hardware, motherboard, chipset and CPU P55 are very recent, it is likely that your problems come more common bios cannot be developed. Be that as it may be, Gigabyte is one of the few manufacturers to finance this dealing with issues related to their hardware.

Have you plugged the connector says "P4" of the PSU on the motherboard? As far as I know it is an 8-pin on this card that plugs into the top left of the CM. This connector is necessary to start up the motherboard. A note in passing: The Gskill you bought is not validated on this motherboard by Gigabyte. The only ones that are 1600Mhz reference: F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ.

Thank you people for your contribution but a closer look RAM is DDR2 not DDR3 but this comes only a mistake on my part. I have had it done tests with just the PROC and the CM connected to the power supply, no RAM or CG so it cannot come from the RAM, it comes either from the CM or the PSU without the processor, the CM started for a very short time then cuts directly.

Just check that the fan is connected to the connector CPU_FAN however it is not a side bar of RAM as on the photo. The number of lit LEDs indicates the CPU load. The higher the CPU load, the more lights on. To activate the LED display phase, please first turn on Dynamic Energy Saver 2. "Dynamic Energy Saver 2," for more details. Dynamic Energy Saver is a utility that you can install via the cd of the CM.

I am in the same trouble as you. I have the same motherboard, a core i5, DD3 4GB Corsair 1600 Mhz, and nothing to do, I tried to change everything through the cpu, ram or even the map graph, it's very short beep. So actually in the record, it is written "power error", it makes a nice leg. I also led LED phase, which are all lit, but honestly if you have a good solution that interests me much.

Hi, I don't know if you solved your problems but as aditional info, here's my results.

My system:
    Intel Core I3 550
    Corsair TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX G 2 x 1GB
    GIGABYTE® P55A-USB3 Rev 2

I just bought this MB, CPU and RAM and had dificulty with the RAM, I received short continuous beeps. Check the manual and it stated that this is power related.
    Checked all power and even swapped PSU's but still no luck.

Then I started checking the RAM and found that on memory slots 1 and 3 the RAM doesn't want to work in dual channel but if only one chip is in slot 1, it works. Then tried memory slots 2 and 4 and it worked, detected the RAM as spec'ed with no problem.

The BIOS is F10 and Gigabyte has an F11 version specifically for better memory compatibility, which I'm going to install soon and if that doesn't work, I'll probably swap it under warranty.

Hope this could be of help to you.